Compact battery jump pack

Randle

WKR
Any of you carry a small jump pack with traveling? I am in thed market to buy one and saw them at Costco. Type S jumper $59 . reviews are mixed. Just looking for real world experience . Is there a brand you have used and like?

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I have for the past two years up here. Mine was from Costco...a Winnplus Car Jump Starter (or something like that).

I really does work well. Liked it so much that I got one for each of my kids and a couple of friends for Christmas that year. Everyone has found them to work very well and easily.

Jethro

WKR
I have the Viking from Harbor Freight. Have used it to jump a car and to charge phone and Inreach while in camp. Don’t know if it’s the best but has worked.

Smid

WKR
I have the halo bolt on my Christmas list. My buddy has had his for a couple years and had 0 complaints. We jumped 3 cars at work over a couple weeks last winter and then his pitbike in the spring without having to charge it. A little more expensive is the downside

Elk97

WKR
We have two of the Costco units, they hold a charge well and have started a couple of cars. No complaints, especially at the price.

Rob5589

WKR
2nd the Noco GB 40. Works well, holds a charge for a long time, beefy cables and clamps, can charge other stuff if need be.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat the Noco packs. Various sizes available based upon your anticipated needs. They work great. We've used the Halo for about 2 years at work. It did ok on regular car batteries....at least for aobut 16-18 months. However, it will not jump a completely dead battery now. We switched and now use a Noco pack...no complaints.

nidaho

FNG
I have used a dewalt cordless drill battery. Took a little rigging to get it hooked up but it works.

I have several different brands, they all work great, but you do need to keep them charged. However, they do hold a charge for some time.

RCL

WKR
I have one that I purchased a year ago and it has worked well the few times I used it. Largest displacement engine I have used it on was 5.3 gas and it did the job.
Mine came from Amazon and I believe was Suaoki brand.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
I wont paraphrase the video I posted, but I wouldn't be buying a Noco based off the testing in it. Obviously worked ok for people in this thread but there are clearly better options for the money.

Titan

WKR
I wont paraphrase the video I posted, but I wouldn't be buying a Noco based off the testing in it. Obviously worked ok for people in this thread but there are clearly better options for the money.

I believe that's the video that shows the Noco wasn't producing enough power (can't watch it currently). But he failed to put the unit into the correct mode to send full power to a severely depleted battery.

Poser

WKR
I have a DeWalt 1000 amp starter + air compressor. The air compressor has mixed reviews and I have yet to use it but the starter works well and the battery seems to hold a charge well enough. I charge the battery about once a month in the winter with regular temps down to around 0, some exposure to cold as -20. Good piece of mind for cold starts.

rbljack

WKR
Cant say much about any of the other units, but I give the nod to the Noco as well. I have the GB150 in my truck year round. Take it out to charge it / top it off a few times a year and its served me well. I also have a GB40 which has smaller leads. This one is used on the motorcycle or 4 wheeler.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord