Compact bow hunting options

Swoop

FNG
Hi guys first time posting here, but have been lingering for a few years. I bowhunt in south ga, and am looking at some binocular options. I’ve been using Leopold Yosemite 6x, which has been great, however the eye cup has broken on one side. I plan to send it in, but don’t have time to wait on a repair in the middle of the season. My plan is to buy a new binocular, and sell the one I don’t like as much.
Since I’m bow hunting, distant views aren’t necessary, and I have a full size 8x Zeiss for longer distance viewing. What I’m looking for is a compact and light weight pair that shine in low light and detail. There are a few options I’ve come across and would like some thoughts on:

- vanguard orros 8x25 (have heard good things about the brand but would prefer less magnification)
- vortex vanquish 8x26( again, would like a 6x or 7x)
- another yosimite 6x (the pair I have didnt last two years so I’m kind of bitter there)
- maven c2 7x28- know nothing about them but hear good things.

are there any other compact 6x or 7x bins that would fit the bill and I should be considering? I just don’t see many low powered options out there. I am looking to spend $200 or less as I tend to abuse my equipment and have a nice binocular already.
Thanks I’m advance.

OP
S

Swoop

FNG
kowa bd xd 6.5x32 seems optional

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I want to keep things under $200. I’m rough on gear and don’t need $400 dollar binoculars for what I’m using it for in this scenario to ID a buck and distinguish a shooter vs a non shooter.

Matt G.

WKR
I picked up a vortex diamondback and it was fine looking in middle but I hated looking at pin cushion edges and if you scanned with it was horrible... so you can find cheaper yes but you may not use which defeats purpose. I actually picked up an open box GPO passion ed for about 250. normal is 360ish.. love these and use a lot now. you can also find there spectra series at costco for lower cost but it is a step below. I made a post about this topic last month..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a pair of the Maven C2 7x28s and am very pleased with them. They actually surprised me at how much light they let in for a small, cheap bino.