compact little zipper

I've never been a fan of having knives with fugly built-in gut hooks as most are fairly useless. But these little Gerber EAB Lite's make having a zipper knife always handy. I chitcanned the utility blade for a roofing hook. They have a belt/pocket clip that also works good for hanging it on some webbing on the pack... 2.1 ounces of liner-locked handiness. Under $12 buck at Lowe's...

IMG_3190_zpsuo76n8cb.jpg

IMG_3196_zpsebl3jggw.jpg

IMG_3191_zpsu9uwhyau.jpg

IMG_3193_zpskgkicoya.jpg

IMG_3195_zpswutjbfxu.jpg

IMG_3198_zpsfvrfvotz.jpg

IMG_3199_zps08qjmqdr.jpg

IMG_3200_zps2jtfkrmc.jpg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If carrying a dedicated knife for hide cuts its really hard to beat the outdoor edge zip pro in my mind. The long reverse blade makes hide cuts a piece of cake, there is no sharp point to puncture anything unwanted so you can really rip it through hide and jam it up under the hind along the shanks, etc. The knife isn't hard used so the steel quality is fine for the purpose, its light its pretty easy to clean after (open spine). I carry one on most hunts for the convenience. (Yes I can do it all with 1 knife if needed)

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Edge-ZO-10C-Folding-Gutting/dp/B00IM1GON6

Squirrels

WKR
If carrying a dedicated knife for hide cuts its really hard to beat the outdoor edge zip pro in my mind. The long reverse blade makes hide cuts a piece of cake, there is no sharp point to puncture anything unwanted so you can really rip it through hide and jam it up under the hind along the shanks, etc. The knife isn't hard used so the steel quality is fine for the purpose, its light its pretty easy to clean after (open spine). I carry one on most hunts for the convenience. (Yes I can do it all with 1 knife if needed)

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Edge-ZO-10C-Folding-Gutting/dp/B00IM1GON6

I will echo this.

OP
H
the clip don't affect function..... and it's just not that hard to toss it in a pouch or pocket, if the clip falls off. Still a compact, handy piece of kit, cheezy clip or not.