Companies with Best Warranty & Customer Service?

Rock-o

WKR
I recently bought a Nightforce scope which arrived missing the accessories. They immediately sent the missing items.

Maybe not quite what people are looking for in this thread but even little things matter.

Ripcord arrow rests...after years of use when I tried to buy a few replacement parts, they quickly sent them all, no charge. Same with MBG sights.

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
Seek Outside. I haven't sent anything in for warranty because nothing has broken or torn but every time I call they always go above and beyond. I have full confidence they'd do whatever it took to make things right.

daddie63

WKR
I had a great no questions no hassle experience with Klymit. Replaced my air pad a few years old. I was impressed

Moserkr

WKR
Exped took really good care of me. I put 3 holes in my pad, 100% my fault, and they said send it in to be fixed free of charge. Their goal is to keep their products out of the landfill - so they found the holes in a dunk tank, repaired them, then tested the pad with 150 lbs of weight for 3 days before shipping it back to me on their dime. During the repair, I also received a personal call from the repair tech regarding my other “repairs” and how I wanted the new ones done. (I sealed a bunch of places, guessing where the pinhole leaks were). Thats quality customer service without question. I sleep very comfortably knowing I was and will be taken care of if it leaks again.

I bought a new pair of Darn Tough socks which turned out to have questionable origin, questionable authenticity. To make sure I had the real McCoy they sent me a pair hassle free. In the end I believe the first pair was legit. The two pairs seem to be identical and perform the same. The socks are fantastic.
I don’t think mine are real too! Guess I need to call them. Haha

Rodéo

WKR
A lot more companies I could add to this list but recently (today actually) FHF and exped both went above and beyond.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I will settle for subpar customer service in order to get a better product. Luckily a lot of the best companies out there have excellent CS. Plenty of companies with legendary customer service (Osprey packs, Vortex) don't make anything I'm interested in buying for myself, although my wife likes her Osprey pack. A handful of companies with bad reputations for customer service offer great products.

I recently called a sort of popular gear company on the phone with a few quick questions as was really unimpressed with responses I received. But you know what? I ordered anyway, because they made exactly what I was looking for. I had a genuinely bad customer service experience with a brand that is very well respected on this site - I'm assuming it was a fluke, and I try not to hold it against them, but it was still frustrating. It hasn't stopped me from buying and using their stuff, which is excellent.

To answer the original question, though, I recently had a very good customer service with the notorious Wiggy of Wiggy's sleeping bags. Kelty of all places had phenomenal customer service last time I needed it, but they now fall in the category of companies that don't make things I buy anymore. I don't own Kenetrek boots, but they are super helpful when asking questions. Scheels doesn't really make gear, but they are a great place to buy it, kind of like how REI used to be.

Last edited:

nastynick

FNG
Sig had great CS for me. Dropped a relatively new rangefinder from my tree stand into a creek. It was trashed. I called them and asked if it could be repaired and fully expected to pay for it. They sent me a new rangefinder for nothing, including shipping. It made me a Sig optics fan and will certainly buy more from them based on that experience alone.

wayoh22

WKR
Maybe not customer service related but huge shoutout to Lancaster Archery Supply. Ordered 5 Axis 300 Match Grades and received this. It's the little things that go a long way for me. Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 12.39.50 PM.png

Rhino

FNG
I’ll tell ya that I’ve been very impressed with Kuius service. They warranties a destroyed pair of 4 year old gaiters that clearly had much use, due to the buckle failing. Pretty amazing! Stone Glacier service rocks as well!!! Andrew is the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent in a SWFA scope and they initiated the warranty replacement with no questions. Took 3 months to get a replacement. However, I can understand COVID delays this year.

Vortex - I had a range finder get wonky and they had a new one back to me in 10 days turn around time, no questions. Same thing on a red dot sight that had a bad switch. A little slower but just sent me a new one.

first lite - I had some of their gen 1 rain gear that tore up a little easier than I would have thought and they told me it was normal. That made me a bit cranky. However, they warranty replaced a set of lightly used but 5-year-old kanabs I found in the bottom of my gear stash when the crotch blew. They were all good enough to exchange the size for me as well (the obsidians are a slimmer pant and I needed some extra room for my manly thighs and delicious buttocks).

not to turn this into a bash fest but I spent an awful lot of money returning things to kuiu trying to get sizes right. I bought a pair of their alpine pants (predecessor of the pro pant) that were spec’d with a dwr. i took them on a one day hunt with snow and light rain and they turned out not to have a dwr and they actually wicked water like crazy and had me soaked and on the verge of hypothermia when I called off the hunt early. when I called them, they said the pants didn’t have a dwr then change their website to remove the feature. I sent them their catalog page and jumped up and down for a while before they finally refunded me. I haven’t bought a lot from them since.

Maybe not customer service related but huge shoutout to Lancaster Archery Supply. Ordered 5 Axis 300 Match Grades and received this. It's the little things that go a long way for me.

all my experiences with Lancaster have been outstanding. Great shop to call if you have questions too. Everyone I have every spoken with is a shooter and / or hunter. They know their stuff and are usually happy to chat.