Companies with Great Customer Service

Shrek

WKR
I have Kifaru at the top of my list not because they’ll take care of problems after the sale which they certainly do but because of the care and service before the sale. If you talk to them about what you are doing they’ll guide you to what you really need and help you understand how to use it. If you talk to them they’ll head off a lot of problems. Great service before and after the sale.

Stone Glacier- They replaced a strap that had ripped off my pack after packing out a wolf.

First Lite - Had a zipper failure on my uncompahgre jacket and they sent me a brand new jacket.

Not so good - Bushnell trail cameras. My only thought was that the guy I was dealing with must have been a brother in law or some family connection to have his job. Very poor CS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

work765

WKR
Garmin.
This girl Jennifer who helped me with replacing my dogs e-collar. Best customer service I’ve had in years. On the flip side. I dealt with an utter a-hole at Garmin regarding the same product. Didn’t grab his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve found that typically, the smaller cottage companies have been the best to deal with regarding customer support/service, although there are some much larger operations that, in my experience are just as easy to deal with.
My large company great customer service experiences have been with:
Thermarest, Mountain Hardware, Leupold, and Kelty.
My favorite story that involves excellent customer service was my experiences dealing with Kelty. I have two Kelty sunshades that I’ve owned for many years and use quite often. In 2006, while hunting deer on Kodiak, we had two bears come in one night and tear our camp apart. They ended up breaking several poles and ripping up one of the Keltys. When I told the story to one of the customer service guys at Kelty, he instructed me to go ahead and send in the fabric of the shelter and they would do what they could. I sent it in and within three weeks, they returned it, completely repaired, along with four new poles to replace the two poles that were broke. All this was free of charge and it only cost me the price of shipping the fabric to them. Kelty is not known for making the greatest camping products available, but as far as I’m concerned, their customer service is second to none.

On the flipside, I’ve had horrible customer service from Rivers West, Black Diamond, and SOARS (inflatable raft/canoe manufacturer). I don’t think I’ll ever buy another product from any of those manufacturers again.

Hondo

WKR
Goal Zero
Vortex
Schnee's
Simms
Mystery Ranch
Black Ovis
First Lite
Outdoor Research

gbflyer

WKR
Black Ovis has excellent shipping.

Jim Borden at Borden Rifles. Could teach a master class on CS for the gun biz.

Hart Rifle Barrels. They messed up a re-contour. Got a call from one of the owners, owned the mistake with no excuses and sent me a brand new one.

Dave Manson Precision. A true gentleman who replies even on Sunday.

McMillan stocks. Their competitor told me to call a gunsmith. Kelley McMillan returned my query directly and just built the damned thing the way I wanted it.

SWFA. Another awesome shipper.

Leica camera. NJ repair shop fixes my leaking BCA’s every year.

Leatherman Tools. They just send you a new one. Same with Patagonia. I’m on my 4th SST jacket in 25 years.

There’s more but those come to mind.

4ester

WKR
Good:
Stone Glacier
First Lite
KUIU
RCBS
Black Ovis
Vortex
Swarovski
Hoyt
Black Diamond
Berger
Soloman
Seek Outside
Alpha Brass
Kifaru
CameralandNY
S&S Archery
Spot Hogg

Decent:
Lowa
Nikon
Swift
Gold Tip
Peterson Brass
Vapor trail

Bad:
Easton
Bushnell
Nosler
OnX

Last edited:
Zpacks again. I wanted to add to an order but it already had shipped. They added it and shipped it separately but gave me free shipping anyway.

D

Deleted member 39919

My 2 cents - Cooper rifles has been top notch for me, and Cameron at Murphy Precision for scope rails. Neither are cheap but you get what you pay for, right?