Companion pack

N2TRKYS

WKR
I have a Kifaru AMR bag on a duplex frame and love it for day hunts and meat hauling. I'm looking for a smaller bag to add to the collection for day hunts that can also pack meat. For those in the same situation, what did you go with? What would be a perfect companion pack to my AMR?

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
22 Mag....
+1
CC.jpg

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
With the 22 Mag, I'd be losing 4,800 ci, but only dropping 4oz over the AMR. Am I looking at the specs correctly?

^^^ And that’s why I stopped worrying about a smaller bag to accompany my AMR or modified DT1. Losing so much ability for just a few ounces never made sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
^^^ And that’s why I stopped worrying about a smaller bag to accompany my AMR or modified DT1. Losing so much ability for just a few ounces never made sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I've been noticing. I guess I'll give up on it, too.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
500D cordura is about 7 oz per yard so its hard to save a lot of weight on size alone with a similar design of bag. Id look at either a muskeg 2800 or a woodsman if you like a more simple layout like the amr. The 22 mag is a great pack but the weight per cubic inch of volume wont touch your amr. Of course if you really want to make it worth it for the weight savings try and find a used tahr (1.75 lbs) and throw on a belt pouch or 2 to make a mini-amr.