Company swag

lmeyer

WKR
Looking for good/ fresh ideas for some company swag. I work for a general contractor and we get the same old stuff that ever other company does: flash drives , coffee mugs, calendars, water bottles, shirts/jackets, coolers, neck gaiters etc. I want to get some stuff that can be given to clients as well as be useful for some of our field guys to use. Not the runof the mill $5 items that end up in the trash. The company doesn't mind spending a extra to get quality. A couple of ideas that we had are are decent quality lower tier (not bottom tier) binos and streamlight style rechargeable/docking flash lights. Any suggestions on company's that will etch or logo those items direct or indirect? Appreciate any other suggestions as well. Thanks.

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Speaking from an employee point of view; give me cash, you can keep your company labeled garbage.
I'm not going to disagree with you but it's not my call.

Also, bonus point for suggestions that can also be used hunting/ fishing.

go_deep

WKR
We've gotten Yeti tumblers, the small Yeti cooler, UV long sleeve shirts can be used at work or fishing,

Stream light rechargeable flashlights would be cool! We have done yeti tumblers and mugs, water bottles, etc recently and seem to be a hit due to higher quality. Higher end clothing like carhartt or something similar is always liked. Coats and nice sweatshirts, something you could wear outside of work is what I’m thinking.

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Have a quality folding pocket knife engraved with the company logo. Most companies will engrave the knife for you directly from the factory(Spyderco comes to mind).
I have had that suggestion but the rule for employees is if there is a alternative tool to use besides a knife, then use the alternative.

hunt1up

WKR
Benchmade will custom stuff on their blades. I know they'll do names, symbols, etc. Maybe see if they'll do logos. I'm guessing they would.

CCooper

WKR
At our company we look at like a 2 part question- what will people really use and wont just sit in a desk drawer, and how do we get the best traction for advertising versus $ spent?

Richardson 112 Custom leather patch hats (camo in the fall)
Nice hoodies (also camo in the fall)
Nice Polos
Nice T shirts

I may have to steal the custom knife idea. We have also had the floorplates engraved on rifles to commemorate milestones for the owner.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
My dad runs a small construction company and tries to do a nice gift each year at Christmas. His top embroidered/engraved gifts over the years included:
- Multitools (leatherman I think?)
- Mid tier folding knives
- Tools and/or tool bags (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Milwaukee heated jackets
- OGIO gear bags and suitcases
- Leather duffel bags
- Anything by RTIC

On the more affordable end, the best free thing I ever got from a conference was a reusable plastic camping fork/spoon combo from the brand “light my fire” with a logo on it. I use them every day for my lunches and they’ve held up for years.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Nothing worse than apparel with the company name on it.

Give me a yeti tumbler or something I’ll actually use.

ID_Matt

WKR
Have a quality folding pocket knife engraved with the company logo. Most companies will engrave the knife for you directly from the factory(Spyderco comes to mind).
My uncle's trucking company did engraved Buck knives. they turned out awesome.

Battery packs for charging electronics and a multi charger USB...2 things I actually got as swag that use daily.

For the record I have a North Face vest, Patagonia jacket and small yeti hopper with company logos, nice stuff but I don't use that stuff everyday.

Last edited:

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
I had a retail store for 40 plus years and we sold lots of different items. Case knifes will do custom lazer engraving as well Boker and Moore Maker knives in Matador Tx. Find a dealer and give them your logo and go from there. We did hundreds of special knives every Christmas. Yeti Coolers is another company that we did lots of branded products with.

woods89

WKR
I'm a remodeling contractor, so yes, I have a pile of hoodies and hats from vendors that never get worn.

A few years ago our local ready-mix plant gave out RTIC 1 gallon jugs. I still use mine and it has their sticker on the side so I suppose it's doing what they intended. That was one of the better things I've received.

If someone gave me an engraved knife of quality, not some gas station grade, that would be awesome. Not sure how many eyeballs it would get, shirts and hats certainly do better at that as long as they get worn.

I second the portable power banks! I have like 10 of them from various vendors.

Some other ideas that I would always use and some that I have received are dry boxes, dry bags, taped zipper duffels, blind bags, shammy towels, merino wool socks, wind proof lighters, fishing shirts (the orvis/columbia style), cell phone mounts (suction cup kind that you can put in boats or UTVs etc), headlamps, ammo with your logo on the box.

Basically think about what you would actually use and keep around.