Comparable Boot Fit: reference thread

Hi All,

Can you please name the boot brands, or even specific models within a brand if they're that different, that fit your specific feet well?

This can give some reference to others on what brands MIGHT fit their feet well.

In my case:
Lowa
Scarpa
oh and a different type of boots, Ariat cowboy boots

So if someone also knows Scarpa fits them well they could try Lowa's if they were looking for a new boot.

Last week I was at the Schnees flagship store in Bozeman (with an amazing service rep by the way who actually knew a lot about boots) and was trying on the various Schnees boots. He suggested also trying the Lowa Caminos. I have Tibet's, but don't run them much anymore except snowmobiling as they're pretty heavy and "clunky" for my taste. Well, the Caminos fit like a glove and even though I was looking at the Schnees, which fit pretty well, the Caminos stood out as just so much better a fit.

It showed me again that there is something to be said for knowing if a certain brand is likely to fit one's feet well.

Hopefully it can help save some time, headache (or footache) and money when searching for new boots.

Cheers,

s

I keep a list in my phone notes. Helps when I order a new pair or want to try something made by the same company… especially if it’s made on the same last.

Boot/Shoe sizes
Vasque GTX trail runners 9.0 US 8.0 UK
Lowa Hunter GTX Extreme 9.0 US 8.0 UK
Lowa Tibet GTX 9.0 US 8.0 UK (6’ laces)
Lowa Renegade GTX Mid US 9.5
Redwing 2245 9.0 US 8.0 UK
Redwing 3507 9.0 US 8.0 UK
Redwing 2231 Pecos 8.5 US
Redwing Iron Rangers 8.5 US 7.5 UK
Alpinestars Toucan 8.0 US 42 EUR
Chippewa 20091 logger 8 1/2D
Clarks chukka US 9
Sperry top sider US 9

Waders/Wading Boots
Simms Freestone (with waders) US 10
Simms (without waders) US 9
Hip 44”
Chest 48”

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
Street shoe size: 11

Schnees: 11
L&S: 11
Scarpa: 45.5
Zamberlan: 45.5
Salomon: 11

My feet have gotten bigger over time. So brands Ive worn in the past I think I would be 45 or 45.5:
La sportiva, Asolo, Aku

setch

WKR
Street shoe size is 10.

Here' what works for me:
-scarpa kailesh 44
-crispi 10.5, I have wild rocks and summits, and think all 10.5s fit, except briksdale and Thor
-lowa camino gtx 10.5 wide
-schnees pac boots, 10
-Asolo fugitive 10
-meindle comfort hunter 10

Street shoes size 11
-Every crispi size 11 ( crossover mid pro, attiva, idaho2, wild rock, laponnia and laponia 2
-miendl size 11
-georgia romeo
-thorogood? Size 11
- hanwag 11.5