Comparable to Crispi Nevada’s

Ok so I wanted everything in the world to love the crispi nevadas. I tried a 9.5 and a 10 and they just did not work for my feet. The heels felt awkward for me, my toes would slide up and touch the front of the 9.5s. The tens just bothered my feet around inside where the rand was as well as the heel feeling off. They are a great company and great boots just not my fit. ( I have a pair of Thor’s which so far so good)

I am looking for a boot like the Nevada. I need to try something else and find somthing that works. What do you guys recommend?

I am looking into:
-Lowa tibet gtx
-kennetrek mountain extremes ( although I think I wanna shorter boot )
- kenetrek hardscrabble

what else?

OP
F
I would consider the crispy summits as well as the Wyoming’s to. But I am nervous they would feel like the Nevada’s. What do you think?

Last edited:

jhbaylor

FNG
I have had really good luck with the Asolo Hunter GV. All leather boot with full rubber rand. The current problem is they are impossible to find, I think Sierra Trading Post carries them but they are not open right now.

OP
F
I love the way the crispi Thor’s feel around the heel area. I wish the Nevada’s fit like that.

anyone have the Wyoming’s or summits?

I like crispis but any Lowa I've tried seem to edge them out. I can give a +1 to the Lowa tibets, I would also look at the Camino's for slightly more flexible.

Vernon

FNG
loved my lowas but my foot wasn't a fan of the Kenetreks. I would throw Scarpa in the mix as well.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I would throw Zamberlan's in the mix. I picked up a new pair of the 960's for a great price and they are as good or better than my Crispi Summits so far.

I had the Nevadas and also had heel issues. I'm currently working with a pair of Lowa Bald's to replace the Crispi's. They're the same stiffness and support, but lighter without any protective rand. They're also more comfortable.

I haven’t tried any of the ones you listed but have used the Lowa Camino’s, Salomon Quest 4D and what I am currently using which is the Cabelas/Meindl Denali.

The Camino’s are probably the best made boot I have ever seen. When I chose them the reviews I kept reading said they ran large. I am a measured 12EE so I ordered them in my regular size instead of sizing up. They worked great for a month and then as they broke in the crease above the toes put unbelievable pressure on my feet. Fortunately my son wears a 12 but standard width and they worked great for him. I believe if I got the 13EE they probably would works for me

I then used the Salomon Quest. I was able to try on the 12 regular but the store didn’t have the 13. They felt only slightly small so I ordered the 13. I was able to wear them for a year but they never felt great.

I then was able to try on the Denali’s in 13 EE. Another boot that is supposed to run large which is opposite of what I have personally found. They were awesome compared to what I had tried. Unfortunately Cabelas has dropped them. Meindl now has operations in the USA and have a clone to my boot called the Vakum. It is the same upper but with a PU vs a eva midsole. So it’s an upgrade for the same price. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thanks guys. I am currently wearing my crispi thors. I ordered a pair of summits as well to give them a shot and see how they fit. If like the Nevada’s I’ll have to send them back and try something else

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
I would try the hanwags . I was in a similar spot , and fitting boots is personal , lots of boots work good, but only a few really fit WELL> hanwags are best of both for me . Like my crispis , Scarpas work great . But Hanwags seem to fit my feet and work great .

I haven’t tried any of the ones you listed but have used the Lowa Camino’s, Salomon Quest 4D and what I am currently using which is the Cabelas/Meindl Denali.

The Camino’s are probably the best made boot I have ever seen. When I chose them the reviews I kept reading said they ran large. I am a measured 12EE so I ordered them in my regular size instead of sizing up. They worked great for a month and then as they broke in the crease above the toes put unbelievable pressure on my feet. Fortunately my son wears a 12 but standard width and they worked great for him. I believe if I got the 13EE they probably would works for me

I then used the Salomon Quest. I was able to try on the 12 regular but the store didn’t have the 13. They felt only slightly small so I ordered the 13. I was able to wear them for a year but they never felt great.

I then was able to try on the Denali’s in 13 EE. Another boot that is supposed to run large which is opposite of what I have personally found. They were awesome compared to what I had tried. Unfortunately Cabelas has dropped them. Meindl now has operations in the USA and have a clone to my boot called the Vakum. It is the same upper but with a PU vs a eva midsole. So it’s an upgrade for the same price. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a big fan of the Camino's ,, especially their roller lacing system