Complete BCAA’s?

DuckDogDr

WKR
As I’m starting to get back in the saddle and try and trim down looking for a complete BCAA supplement including Glutamine.

Prefer capsule vs powdered drink ..

Old supplier I used to use is no more and I noticed a lot of gains with this one supplement back in my earlier training days

I've been using BCAAs for quite some time as a recovery drink. It taste good to me but I don't know if they have capsules. My gf uses these too and she is the one who got me into it.

Interesting info re: glutamine

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
I used to take a protein blend called myoplex I did really well with but of course it’s been D/C.
Whey protein messes with my gut and crazy enough my ears… get ear infections with excessive use.

I currently taking egg isolate protein

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just a thought-there are some studies that show BCAA supplements aren't necessary if you are eating a balanced diet and taking protein shakes etc. I'm not looking to argue with rokslides unofficial workout gods, just passing it along it may be worth a read.

Depends on what your fitness goals are but I like taking glutamine pills. If you're trying to get a lot of protein in for example or starting a high calorie diet, glutamine is important for gut health and helping your body digest the food. GNC makes capsules that'll work just fine.

BCAA and glutamine are both are a waste of money, as are MOST supplements.

John Meadows (mountaindog1 on YouTube) advocates for EAA+carb intra workout but I would be interested to see if the supporting research had been controlled for an intra workout carb alone...

If you want some videos to think about watch some Layne Norton (biolayne) on BCAA and supplements, same with Gregg Doucette if you can stand the sound of his voice, or Renaissance Periodization. Basically what you are going to get down to is when it comes to diet and supplementation is this: supplements give you 5% if EVERYTHING else in your plan is on point. Supplements that have a clinical base of research research to show actual effectiveness are whey protein (isolate to hydrolized have like no lactose in them, can't remember which), creatine, and caffeine. A multivitamin can be good too.

I also think that Stan Efferding (Vertical Diet) is really on to something with is push for more salt in your diet if you don't have existing heart issues. I add salt to my shakes and take 1 or 2 LMNT packets a day and have nothing but good things to say after actively upping my salt intake.