Completely lost on clothin..

So when it comes to all the cloths for back country hunting Im completely lost. I own full set if prairie ghost camo. Shir and long sleeve, bdu style pant and light jacket..its all cotton and poly blend. And I own some under armor base layer.. I have about a 300 budget for cloths so any help would be good. I hunt Nevada so alot of sage and pine and juniper...

Beastmode

WKR
I would switch to a merino base layer before anything else. Kuiu or first lite would be my recomendations. I like a camo base layer top. That way I can still where just that if it gets too hot.

What time of year? This would help people answer too.

shaun

WKR
If you are on a 300$ budget check out camo fire they have killer deals on core4 my boss bought everything for under 300.00 and it is good quality from what I have seen

OP
Quikstryke
Late August for archery elk and antelope. Early October for mule deer.

Rocky

WKR
Kuiu is my first choice but that will eat through your budget really quick. Core4 is a good middle of the road clothing line. You might look at seeing how much what you want ( items and brand) will actually cost you. I have spent too much money rebuying items to replace lower quality items that I " settled on". It is cheaper in the long run to buy an item one time.

C4E merino base layers, Russel L2 Tundra top from Cabelas (they have it on sale right now), C4E pants (Element will be a bit warm for late August but I've worn them in 80* and they weren't horrible with the vents open), pick up a Kuiu Spindrift used or grab a down jacket/vest from the Bargain cave at Cabelas, then grab some C4E torrent rain gear or the Cabelas Space rain gear for cheap... that's the best stuff I can advise for a budget layering system but I'm sure others will chime in.

Mike

ST52v

WKR
I just baught the Russell apx primaloft vest and jacket for $105 from amazon today. I have the rain gear and the l5 primaloft parka and pants. I love all of it. You can buy most of it real cheap right now. I use this along with c4 stuff and you can't beat it for the price.

OP
Quikstryke
So whats a puffy jacket? And what about camo pattern. I really like the highlander pattern and the kings camo desert shadow.

blb078

WKR
Don't even worry about Kuiu or anything along those lines with a $300 budget, your best bet is going to be the Russell APX stuff or Core4Element. Cabelas & Wingsupply.com has deals on the Russell stuff and C4E has 25% off all their stuff til end of April. Also check Camofire for C4E stuff as they may have it cheaper. Check out the Cabelas and Bass Pro line of clothing. I got a fleece top/bottom for $50 from Bass Pro last week(a good mid layer or outer in cool temps). It's pretty much the same as the Cabela's Outfitter lineup, here's a link to the pants http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-1856-Fleece-Camo-Pants-for-Men/product/102317/

Whisky

WKR
I would buy good merino base layers, underwear and socks, and stick with the cotton clothes you have.....If I had a budget of $300. Sad to say, that won't buy you much. Go with the essential for now, upgrade more later on.

blb078

WKR
Here's what I'd do w/your budget.

Bass Pro 1856 fleece top/bottom - $50
Cabelas-
Russell APX Merino top/bottom $42
Russell APX Reflector top/bottom $40
Russell APX Gale Top/bottom $170
Total = $302, gets you a merino base, light weight early season outer layer, fleece mid, and water/wind resistant softshell outer layer. You can pick socks & underwear up cheap at a lot of places.

RUTTIN

WKR
I don't think you could go wrong with the Core4 and at 25% off right now you can get some really nice stuff. I have friends that are selling their Sitka on Ebay to buy Core4. The Max1 camo might be a great pattern for where you intend to use it. Good luck in your search.

That mothwing camo is also phenomenal in the sage... wouldn't really think it would but it's a quality pattern. What size jacket are you wanting?

Mike

OP
Quikstryke
I recently lost 130lbs so Im between a large and xl depending on sizing.. im 5'10 195

OP
Quikstryke
So I had some points at Cabelas and got all of this for about 80$ hope I made the right choice. Its all in the brush pattern also
Russell Outdoors™ APX™ L1 Scent-Stop® Lightweight Base-Layer Bottom
Russell Outdoors™ APX™ L1 Wool Base Layer Top
Russell Outdoors™ APX™ L1 Scent-Stop® Lightweight Base Layer Top
Russell Outdoors™ APX™ L2 Reflector Pants
Russell Outdoors™ APX™ L2 Reflector Mock
Russell Outdoors™ Raintamer II Jacket

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on losing 130lbs. That's a life changing accomplishment!

Looks like you purchased a lot of clothes for next to nothing. Nice!

Mike7

WKR
I have some of the more expensive clothing mentioned above, but I don't think that you can go wrong with the following lineup and which is still what I wear often...and which you should be able to get for under $300 total especially with sales:
1) Core4Element 1/4 zip 190 Merino long sleeve shirt in Mountain Mimicry from the Core4 site on sale or off of camofire site.
2) Core4Element Merino Blend Underwear or ExOfficio Boxerbriefs.
3) Cabela's Microtex Light Pants in Outfitter Camo.
4) Merino wool socks (Rocky brand on sale at Walmart works well although won't last as well as Darn Tough socks)
5) Core4Element Rain Gear Top.
6) And a very affordable lightweight Primaloft puffy jacket like Marmot Baffin off of the Mountain Gear web site which is constantly having sales.