Components shortages. Do you think it will end?

hayes202

FNG
So what's your alls opinion. Do you think that we will ever get back to where we were 4-5 years ago on components. Still around my area you can't find a brick of primers. Half the time can't find bullets or powder.
Do you think it will return to normal. Or do you think this is the new normal?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
2025 1 year after election to catch up.

I see Midway has Bench Rest large rifle primers available today. Almost $200 when you check out. Wonder why this is the only large rifle primer we seem to see on the shelves?

fmyth

WKR
I see Midway has Bench Rest large rifle primers available today. Almost $200 when you check out. Wonder why this is the only large rifle primer we seem to see on the shelves?
Natche had Federals large rifle primers available online yesterday. A brick of 1k was about $129 after taxes shipping and hazmat. They were instock for over 4 hours.

Lucky day today, the little bird suggested I take a ride to the local gun shop, glad I did had 450 bushmaster brass (starline) and C.C.I. large rifle primers, got 100 rounds of brass and 500 large rifle primers. And my 6.5. C.M. Hornady brass arrived today also, Was also well stocked on different bullets. Perhaps things are picking up a bit.

ndbuck09

WKR
Anyone want to trade 100 209 shotgun primers for 100 federal no 215 large rifle primers? I need the 209s for my blank gun for bird dog training and have plenty of the large rifle.

I hunted IMR 4895 for close to 6 monyhs finally found 2 lbs at a gun show for 45 dollars a pound, Its out there you gotta scratch with the chickens until you find it. I think with all the holleren in the swamp its going to get worse instead of better, Funny how none of the expert politicians on firearms and ammunition has not said about those who roll there own, my advise is get what you can NOW

scosmi

FNG
I'm not sure if we're going back to sub-$30 CCI Primers but at least where I regularly check common/popular powders and primers are staying in-stock for multiple days if not weeks so from my perspective that's a huge improvement from having to camp websites and use discord bots. Haven't seen anything in B&M stores other than the gougers but there were only a few places around here that had decent prices before this anyway.

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
Some of us learned to stockpile the first time we saw shortages. I could go the rest of my life on the components I already own and I expect another 50 years before I die. Maybe next time components are readily available you guys will do the right thing.
How does anyone run out of anything a couple years into the shortages?

The ant and the grasshopper...

49ereric

WKR
After the fist shortage many years ago I started to supply for long term Rifle and shotgun.
I could use more large rifle primers someday as I bought 3000 .308 Speer 125 grain bullets to use with blue dot reduced loads. No hurry though but wondering if primer prices will ever come down.