Compression for Slick Bag

Netherman

WKR
Looking for advice on cramming my 20* Slick bag into a Exo 4800. I've seen the kifaru stuff sack but don't know if that's the most efficient shape (10.5x14.5) to fit the exo bag (9x11.5x38). I've tried packing it loose and find it annoying to jam back in whenever I get stuff in and out of the pack. I could attach it externally but worry about the bulk/durability. Anyone find anything better than the kifrau?

TravisIN

WKR
Nothing too helpful to add but I do like my 5 string from kifaru. It’s nice bc it of the way if compresses. It doesn’t turn things into a bowling ball. Once fully compressed i can still compress horizontally to fit into bags that aren’t as wide. There are no strings to hold it that way but once in the bag it stays put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Have you ever watched the videos that Exo has on how Steve packs his? The bag is on the very bottom with your tent/tarp on top. The way he does it, you never have to get that deep in the bag until its time to set up camp. I tried to use compression bags for my stuff and found it to be too "lumpy". Started doing it how Exo demonstrates and much better. The only thing I leave in it's sack is my sleeping pad, which just seems to work better that way. Just a thought.

Grumman

WKR
I like the Kifaru stuff sack for shape but mostly use an E-vent stuff sack that is more waterproof.

I just went camping with my wife and she packed up our supplies. She got my sleeping bag folded neatly and much smaller than I ever have before. The light bulb went off, I’m gonna get her help on pack organization going forward:)

OP
N

Netherman

WKR
Have you ever watched the videos that Exo has on how Steve packs his? The bag is on the very bottom with your tent/tarp on top. The way he does it, you never have to get that deep in the bag until its time to set up camp. I tried to use compression bags for my stuff and found it to be too "lumpy". Started doing it how Exo demonstrates and much better. The only thing I leave in it's sack is my sleeping pad, which just seems to work better that way. Just a thought.

My friend has a 15L compression sack that I might try (my 10L is too small), but at this point it looks like stuffed in the bottom of the pack is going to be the ticket. It still takes up an incredible amount of pack space but I guess that's what you get when you choose synthetic.

I like the Kifaru stuff sack for shape but mostly use an E-vent stuff sack that is more waterproof.

I just went camping with my wife and she packed up our supplies. She got my sleeping bag folded neatly and much smaller than I ever have before. The light bulb went off, I’m gonna get her help on pack organization going forward:)

FWIW I think you are supposed to "stuff" sleeping bags rather than fold them to protect the synthetic/down from breaking down due to repetitive creasing at the same points.