Conceal holsters

Yukondog

WKR
So I have a pile of holters. Couple blackhawk, couple high noons and several more. I have never found one I like. I want to order a Comp Tec but I feel I will be wasting more money.

What in side the waist belt rigs have worked for you?

I have shot numerous guns and my favorite, which I shoot the best is my HK USP Compact 40 followed by my full size HK Usp 40.

Thanks,

Matt

sab

Lil-Rokslider
Matt:

Like you, I have a drawer full of holsters, having carried a concealed weapon for about fifteen years.. A couple years ago, I bought a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, and I feel like I finally found holster nirvana. I carry a mid-size Glock everyday in it. I can't get comfortable with tucked shirts, though, so I changed up my wardrobe and only wear untucked shirts or jackets with it.

Regards,
Scott

6t4nova

WKR
CT MTAC here also. Carry a full size 1911 and love it! With that holster, you cannot tell at all.

Go to Grand Prix Guns off of Santa Fe and County Line Rd. They carry them. I ordered mine from Brownells as Grand Prix didn't have a rh carry for a 1911 in stock.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
They have a long weight, but I have found none (after trying many!) that works as good as the Milt Sparks Executives companion. The next best thing (and much cheaper) is a simple belt slide holster from Desantis. If you are intersted I can send you more info on the belt slide holster.

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
The MTAC is the one I have beening eyeing for over a year now. Everything I have read has been positive. My only concern is they seem awful bulky. But that seems to never be a complaint.

Couple responses for crossbreed as well. Will look at those as well. I have played with a Milt Sparks and could never find that happy spot with them.

Thanks for the info!

Matt

jherald

WKR
I wear Desantis, fits my body type well. The biggest factor in holster style is your body type. Some people just cannot do well with IWB, some cant do well with OWB and prefer the prior. If the dealer will allow, ask them if you can bring your gun in and try on several holsters before you buy. Most bonafide gun heads won't mind a customer bringing their gun in to try the holsters on before you buy (being sure unloaded of course!). Holsters aren't cheap for quality rigs, and the fit is no different than getting the right fit on a hunting backpack, and you can always try those on at the shop before you buy. Why not a holster as well? It's certainly a long term investment for comfort and safety.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The MTAC is the one I have beening eyeing for over a year now. Everything I have read has been positive. My only concern is they seem awful bulky. But that seems to never be a complaint.

Couple responses for crossbreed as well. Will look at those as well. I have played with a Milt Sparks and could never find that happy spot with them.

Thanks for the info!

Matt

I don't think you can go wrong with the mtac or crossbreed. I have a custom holster (hybrid) and personally the bulk doesn't bother me because it shapes to your body.

Have you looked into the spartan by comp tac?

I have a few owb products by comptac and they are high quality for kydex.

arffdog875

Lil-Rokslider
A crossbreed super tuck for both my G-23 and G-21 SF are very comfortable once they are broke in ( Normally just a couple of warm days) You will forget you are carrying!

trk3263

WKR
I second the DeSantis Cozy Partner® I wear this everyday for a good part of the day. I even have found myself lying on the couch watching tv with it because I forget it is there. I have carried a Glock 30 and now Carry a Glock 19 in it and love it. It doesn't matter what gun I carry in the future as a concealed carry I will always have a Cozy Partner to carry it in. <--- sounds like a commercial :)

JG358

WKR
Crossbreed Super Tuck is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I've used.

Last edited:

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
A little pricey, but if yo plan on carrying all the time i would give pure kustom holsters a look. I have carried my black ops pro for the last year and a half and it has been absolutley great. Retention is good, it can be adjusted to suit about any need (IWB and OWB), and it makes my 1911 disapear with all but a tight fitting tee shirt. Some of his holsters are a little too flashy for me but he also has plain ones too. Also Rocky was a good guy to deal with. His site is http://www.purekustom.com/purekustomholsters_new.htm

I am not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer after trying numerous other holsters.

trdhunter

WKR
I have two ct mtacs and am very happy with them. I have one for g26 & 27 as well as one for my h&k usp compact .40. Like being able to tuck dress shirts in with it even though I dont wear shirts tucked in often. Best of any holsters I have tried but everyone is different.