Concealed carry holsters?

Been looking at both the crossbreed and the hidden hybrid. They look pretty similar so for those that have them what's yalls thoughts on them?
This will be for a 43x.

mlob1one

WKR
What position are you going to carry?
I have waist holsters from 4 different companies depending on the gun, where I'm carrying, and what I'm wearing.

Galco (oldest & leather) least favorite for drawing.
Dara 3 o'clock carry IWB
Tier 1 concealed appendix
T-rex Arms also appendix.

The last 3 companies only make kydex holsters which are super rugged and consistent.

Hope that helps.

Not a fan of the crossbreed because the models I liked at were pretty bulky for what I got when compared to the others.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
I’m a big fan of milt sparks. Summer special.
There is no perfect holster that works for everyone, some that work for me might be miserable for you.

OP
HuntInWild88
So I'm looking at IWB. I like the idea of Apendix just not sure if it's feasible for me. I'm kind of a small frame guy and when in that position it really digs in down below when I sit down. So unless the holster positions it higher I'm not sure I can go that route. 4oclock works best currently. But all I've been using is one of the "sticky" style holsters

I have tried many holsters including the crossbreed. This is what works well for me the last 3 yrs or so.

Whisky

WKR
I'm currently playing the holster game my self. Have had my P365xl Romeo for about a month, and have ordered holster #3 for it already. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion this pistol might be too big to conceal in summer attire. Appendix does not work for me, as I ride a desk and have a beer belly.

Question - for you guys that regularly carry, what level of printing is acceptable to you, if any?

11boo

WKR
For me, and I’m kinda thin, it’s all about the cover garment. In the summer usually a t shirt with a XL sized short sleeve button shirt over the gun. 1911, IWB over the R hip. Only way someone sees that is if the wind blows the shirt open.

Acidbraker

Lil-Rokslider
Milt Sparks makes arguably the best owb leather. I like the crossbreed snap slide stuff, not in love with their iwb offers. Garrett has awesome owb and iwb offerings. Stealthgear is my favorite for iwb, stick to their ventcore line.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Little Fox for my LC9s. I'm a smaller guy and I forget I'm carrying the darn thing sometimes; very comfortable.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
I used a crossbreed for my glock 43 for a month or two, but it didn't take long for the leather to soften and lose retention. And the thought of the leather collapsing into the shell and causing reholstering issues made me go away from it pretty fast. Full kydex shells on my holsters now, and I have a neoprene backer I can switch between holsters which is nice for when I don't have an undershirt tucked in behind the holster. Typically carry appendix and currently using a phlster skeleton as my primary holster.

Lfkfam

FNG
If you go with leather, check out Ryan Grizzle leather. All of my rigs were made custom by him and have held up for years. Great guy to do business with.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been through about a dozen holsters and don’t see myself changing from a Tier 1 Axis. Makes a G19 with a light and a spare mag disappear and it actually moves with you. Have one for my M&P shield as well, and will get one for the P365 that will eventually replace it as my summer carry.

Husky87

FNG
Classified Approved
I have had quite a few to try out. The crossbreed is a good holster, I have used an iwb for a 19 for a while but since they came out with the 43 I switched up. Might wanna give a look to the Tulster iwb, available off amazon, has a little cant in it, full kydex, no complaints on my end with in. Some guys do like to trim the kydex a bit, but I think it works fine.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Stealth Gear Ventcore for IWB in back, Dara for appendix, and DeSantis leather OWB for my 365XL