Concealed carry, how and what?

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I've carried the same glock 19 every day In a raven concealment vanguard for about 7 years. I appendix carry with a loaded chamber. I used the belt strap with a snap for a long time but you have to be wearing a belt. I recently removed the belt strap and added the d-loop cord and like that better. It's even less likely to print and you can adjust your carry with the length/ position of the cord. Can attach it to belt loops or something if you aren't wearing a belt for whatever reason20210209_141541.jpg

bobinmi

WKR
CZp01 Urban grey with a Streamlight TLR7. In the winter I use a kydex OWB holster from Black Rhino concealment and in the summer I use an inside the waistband holster from the same company. Gun always sits at about 4 oclock. In the summer I go back and forth between a double IWB mag holder with 2 spare mags if its a legitimately bad area. I use a single mag in a pocket if its everyday walking around. My entire wardrobe is designed around hiding a gun in everyday life. When I hike or hunt I carry it in a HPG Kit bag. A concealed carry piece is not supposed to be comfortable. its supposed to comfort you.

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I don't own any guns so I'll tell you what my buddy does. He started out with a single stack .40 cal subcompact and wore it on his ankle. That went on for several uncomfortable months and then I (I mean my buddy) quit wearing it altogether. He eventually realized that he was going to have to give up a little fire power for comfort and ended up going Ruger LCP2 in a pocket holster and it is super comfortable.

Spoonbill

WKR
I know a lot of people who like glock 43. Limited on magazine capacity, so you will need to decide if 7 rounds is enough for where you are. I do know a guy who carries a g29, but 10mm subcompact is not comfortable to shoot. That being said, 10 rounds of 10mm is a lot of firepower for 2 and 4 legged predators.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
Used to carry a Shield 9 in a Remora holster at 4:30 or 1ish. Then I got an LCP2. If I'm carrying in public I carry the LCP2 99% of the time. Front pocket or back pocket behind my wallet. Either way its comfy, invisible, and accessible.

Eldoradotim

FNG
Classified Approved
Kahr P9, would love to try a Glock 43 but you know.....finding guns right now is not a game I think is very fun.

Crossbreed holster is the nicest & most comfortable I’ve ever tried, totally worth the $. I carry IWB about 4 o clock.

The best thing about the new jeans is the flex, Wranglers with the flex waistband means they fit and feel fine when carrying AND when not carrying. Also I find I don’t need a super heavy gun belt and everything stays tight (small/thin/light gun helps with this I’m sure).

MPat70

FNG
What are you guys caring for concealed weapon and how are you caring it?

I have a carrying permit and I’m getting more and more interested and packing heat when I’m out in public but don’t like having to wear larger pants to have it in my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bodyguard 380 fits perfectly in the "watch" pocket of my jeans. I carry XD-40 in-between the seats of the truck along with a cheap t/c compass .223 behind the seats for that long range situation. Pray every night that I won't need them but I refuse to be the victim!

CorbLand

WKR
Ruger LCP2. I have to wear business causal for work. I have it in a Bianchi inside the waist band tuckable holster. Its small and easy to hide, even with a shirt tucked in. Most people I work with dont know I have it and the few that do have seen the extra plastic clip on my belt.

I would also look at the Glock 43X or 48. Relatively small but still have good capacity. There's a company that makes a thin aluminum mag that holds 15 rounds. 15 rounds out of concealable single stack is impressive.

Taurus 709 slim in a Foxx kydex holster in small of back when I am wearing pants with a belt. For gym shorts or jogging type pants, same gun with a cheap cloth uncle Mike’s in small of back.

If I know it will be a long day and not just running in and out of places, I plan to wear pants or shirts that you can wear a belt with. Small of back and I don’t even know it is there. Driving car or anything. Just do have to be a little more aware when bending over.

I could never get into appendix carry. I would rather shoot myself in the butt vs where the other would be pointing 😯

I have watched all the videos. To each there own. I carry true small of back, not 4’oclock. Mine runs right down the crack of my butt. I agree that shooting yourself anywhere isn’t good. But I feel much better doing how I do it. But I also know everyone has their own feelings, so do what you will.

Marble

WKR
What are you guys caring for concealed weapon and how are you caring it?

I have a carrying permit and I’m getting more and more interested and packing heat when I’m out in public but don’t like having to wear larger pants to have it in my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The #1 thing to consider is the comfort and ease of carry. Most people do not carry, or stop carrying, because they buy too much or too little gun and or a method which sounds cool or is complicated.

You shouldn't have to adjust or remove it for regular activities. If you do, you will either stop taking it, leave it somewhere or drop it.

I always used a leather holster, inside the pants style, that didn't pinch or get loose. I didn't have to take it out of the holster each morning or evening. Maintenence involved blowing the lint off and oiling the side that came in contact with my body.

I carried four different guns over the last 20 years, all relatively similar to the Glock 27.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Big question. I will start by saying get some training. There is a lot to learn before and while you head down that road. As some said above, try a few smaller guns and see what suits you best. If you don’t have a lot of handgun experience there is a lot to like about a wheel gun. J frame smith or similar revolver is about as close as you can get to zero maintenance for a carry gun. simple operations and easy to learn. Next level up is a compact or micro compact semi auto. More bullets and arguably more shootable but also more complexity and training time to run them well.

I favor a sig p365 9mm in a JW custom kydex holster for appendix carry. I think the p365, hellcat and fn503 are the best balance of capacity and shoot ability in a concealed carry these day. Shield and a baby glock are all good as well but their designs lose by 3-4 rounds in the capacity department.