Concerns flying with guns under todays political climate

Hey guys, I am flying through delta in atl headed to missoula: just wanted be clear - I am using apache 9800 with two masterlocks. I am going to print the tsa regs and then have two tsa locks as well in the case with zipties..

anything else i need to do besides getting to airport/ declaring/ and going about my day
Looks like that case only has 2 locking points - if so, all good. All locking points need a lock.

I pull my bolt and run a red cable lock through the action - this isn't required but it lets the slow TSA guys/airline counter Karens who don't know anything about guns quickly see it's unloaded.

Never needed to put locks on all four holes. Just the two metal reinforced holes in my four-holed Pelican 1750. But I do carry two extra locks, just in case. :cool:

Last edited:

bozeman

WKR
I come across all walks of life in the airline industry. I had a cable lock on a 20ga shotgun heading to SD on a turkey hunt and the fella at the bag check asked me 'why did you do that' and made me take it off and put it back on in front of him?? Then had a lady when I was flying back from a trip tell me my case wasnt tight enough with cable locks on it.....I had to double wrap the cables.....go figure. Best of luck, but I have yet to have anyone give me any grief for traveling on a hunt with a firearm either shotgun or rfle.........

DuckDogDr

WKR
Make sure you have a lock for every spot in case...flew for 3 years with 2/4 secured no questions or concerns....then one ahole made me have all 4 ...then HE broke one of the newer ones and made me go buy a whole another set

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I'm literally typing this in the Calgary airport after flying from Charlotte to Minneapolis to Calgary. The Canadian customs guys did not even open my gun case, no exaggeration. In Charlotte I opened it to show ammo in the original box and verbally (did not show) told them that the gun was unloaded.

Traveling with guns is not a big issue what so ever from any experience I have had.