Condensation tips?

LA Hunter

FNG
I like the candle lantern idea. I'm in the market for a tent with a hot stove capability to eliminate condensation first and add heat second. From what I understand, it increases airflow and draws moisture out of your tent.

What is your experience with the impact of lightweight stoves to curb condensation? How do the candles compare?

This is for the backcountry without horses or llamas.

I'm not familiar with using any type of candle to help with condensation mitigation in a single wall shelter. I will just say that it seems logical to test this out in conditions that produce plenty of condensation...before betting on it to work for you in your particular shelter and setup.

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Some options to consider here - first, you can eliminate condensation issues altogether by going with a breathable cotton/poly canvas tent instead of a non-breathable single wall coated nylon tent. Tentipi's Olivin 2 cp is an excellent option (video below).

Or, Tentipi's Olivin 2 Light is a lighter, silicone coated ripstop nylon version has the ability to be used in it's most lightweight version by taking out it's inner-tent, and, when it's inner-tent is left in place, the inner-tent creates a breathable liner with full sewn-in bathtub floor that eliminates the condensation problems in the nylon versions.
Checkout the full Tentipi Adventure Products lineup at www.mansfieldoutdoors.com. And feel free to give us a call at 425-501-7512 with any questions or concerns.