Condensation

b1c2r3r4

FNG
I just got a Nemo disco 15, tigoat raven bevi, Z packs bathtub and am planning on getting a nemo tensor insulated pad. Will the heat from me cause condensation to build up between the sleeping bang and bevi keeping the sleeping bag wet or damp? Right now I am planning on using this set up under a tarp in Colorado in September.

Marble

WKR
Yes, but very little. If you don't break down your tent everyday it'll be dry very fast. If you do, probably 20 to 30 minutes in three sun or round and it will be dry.

Beendare

WKR
I had nothing but problems with condensation back when I was using a bivy.

Seems that everyone gives of differing amounts of moisture at night...some don't have a big problem....horrible for me. Maybe thats why I'm a warm sleeper.....

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
I am trying to get all my sleeping gear together so I can try it out at home to see how bad it will be. That way I can change out whatever doesn’t work right.

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
Sounds good. It is supposed to get down to 30 for a night here so hopefully I will be able to try my gear out.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I pack a small sponge for my tent. It weighs nothing when dry and it makes quick work to dry out inside of tent or bivy

Whitty

FNG
Hate to hijack but how do you like the bag? Go down or synthetic? Been looking at the same one as I roll around alot and think the spoon shape would be comfortable.

OP
B

b1c2r3r4

FNG
I have only laid in it in the house for a couple of minutes so can’t give much of a review. It has plenty of room from the waist down for side sleeping tossing and turning. It is tight around the shoulders. I think it is 64” around the shoulder area.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
I use a quilt and Borah Gear bivy, and I have had problems with condensation. If you're a side sleeper (I am) I think I've figured out that the most important thing is not to toss and turn so that you are exhaling into the bivy. I'll often just keep the bivy all the way unzipped and then no problem at all.

I currently use a DCF Borah Gear bivy but have had and used several different BG and Ti Goat bivy’s in the past with very little, if any,condensation issues. All the bivy’s I’ve had, have had ample no-see-em netting at the head, and the top fabric is always very breathable, and only water resistant, not waterproof whatsoever. These bivy’s are made to use under/inside a shelter, so obviously not at all stand alone. There have been some very rare occasions when I’ve had minor condemnation issues, but they’ve only happened when I’ve crawled into my bed, wearing all my clothing that I hunted in that day, when the day was very wet/rainy. I’ll do this occasionally in order to dry out my clothing while I sleep at night and even then, when I have had condensation issues, it’s been more down in my foot box area. The moisture will wick off of my clothing, through my quilt, and will usually collect between the top fabric of my quilt and the inside of the bivy. I think that basically what happens is that even though the top fabric of the bivy is very breathable, I think that it just gets overwhelmed by the extent of moisture, and it doesn’t allow it to pass through quick enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridgefire

WKR
I have not had any condensation issues using my TI Goat raven omni bivy with a Kifaru Paratarp. One thing nice about using the bivy when weather is not a concern is it's so light and it keeps everything contained and you can can sleep anywhere.