Conduit Wall Tent Frame Advice

I pulled the trigger on a wall tent + angle kit from the walltentshop. Now I need to build the frame out of 1" EMT Conduit. Anyone ever done this? (Or any electricians for that matter) I would love any tips on cutting EMT.

My plan is to score them with a tube cutter, cut with a metal bladed sawzall, and use a conduit reamer to remove any sharp edges.

I don't have the best garage space and we have fresh foot of snow outside, so I'm not even sure how I'm going to set these up so I can cut them. They are probably a little unweildy at 10' in length. I was thinking of trying to mount some I-bolts somewhere to slide them into? Advice appreciated!

colersu22

WKR
The pipe cutter will cut all the way through the EMT just takes a little longer than other options. Porta band works best but I have used a porta band, hacksaw, sawzall, pipe cutter and even a metal blade on a skill saw before. I wouldn’t worry about the conduit reamer if you already own a pair of channel locks just use those to ream the pipe inside and out.

The sawzall kind of sucks because it will shake the pipe a ton if you are just holding it in the other hand. You can use a ladder or your legs to sandwich the pipe at an angle and it will make it much easier to cut if using a hack saw or sawzall.

OP
G
Thanks guys. Chop/Miter saw does sound easiest. It just didn't really come up in my "googling"