Confessions of a long time absent guy

gearguywb

WKR
Finally dug out my bow from the basement storage room.

Matthews solo cam, bought new when we lived in Grand Junction....circa 2005/2006 time frame. It has been through several moves and ignored for a long time.

Took it to a somewhat local bow shop to get a new string installed, arrows re-fletched, etc. Good guys, very knowledgeable, nice shop.

While there I was checking out the new offerings from Matthews. The VXR. Really nice...but holy hell....looked at the price and about fell over! :)

Things have changed :)

Things haven't changed that much, only prices and marketing. Bows still work same way they did before, we just think we need all kinds of things for what is supposed to be a simple sport.

rob86jeep

WKR
Pricing hasn't even changed that much honestly. I bought my Mathews Switchback XT new in 06 with top of the line accessories (back then) and arrows, cost around $1400 if I remember correctly. Just bought a new bow again (first one since 06), the VXR 31.5 with rest, arrows, quiver, etc (everything but sight since I already had a spare Fast Eddie) and it cost me about $1600. Considering inflation, that's not bad at all...

OP
G

gearguywb

WKR
That’s quite a difference from my experience. At the time the solo cam was the top end bow. Cost was a touch over $500. Compared to today’s high end hunting bows at just under $1K

Not bitching, just an observation

Beendare

WKR
OP, so if you want to upgrade buy a 2 yr old bow on AT classifieds....tons available....sure they want tooo much for a used bow.....some hard negotiating can get you a decent deal.