Configuring the Stryker frameless

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone figured out a way to run a stryker without a frame? I was looking at a omni frame sheet and thinking I could slide it into the water bladder pouch to stiffen it up and run it as a stand alone pack. I picked up some X-ray shoulder straps but haven't got the frame sheet yet. Just wondering if anyone has mastered this yet and could share some tips on how it worked or if it is a waste of time. My thinking was it would be nice to still have the load sling for a platform and if I could stiffen it up a bit I think it could make a really nice Eastern whitetail pack for stand/saddle hunting. I guess Aron would be the best guy to ask as I'm sure it has crossed his mind or been mentioned to him possibly. I thing it would be a great saddle pack but I don't need the frame for what I'm doing in Michigan most of the time. Thanks, Matt

Sorry for the double post, I realized after posting in the backpack forum that the DIY would probably have a better chance of helping me get this to work. Matt

Brendan

WKR
I haven't done it, but my initial reaction is 100% not worth the effort and can't even come up with a reason why I'd want to. Not designed that way - you're basically dealing with an unsupported duffle bag without handles, shoulder straps, or a belt. I'd either buy a pack that has an internal frame, or just run a 22" tactical or 24" lite frame.

I use my 22" and 24" frames for eastern whitetail, saddle hunting included, and I've never once felt disadvantaged by the frame. If I really want to go lighter, I'll use a lumbar pack like the hellcat.

OP
MightyMatt

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 24" lite duplex frame and a Shape charge. The shape charge is just not ideal for hauling the platform or stand even with a grab it or Sherman pocket. Was just hoping to cut the weight off the frame out of the equation. I picked up the Stryker XL for out west and was hoping to make use of the bag for hauling still. If it's a lost cause I'll just abandon the idea. I just figured checking here could save some time and frustration. Thanks, Matt

WoodBow

WKR
100% doable.

I built my entire stryker but had the same thought as you.....I think. Made a pair of shoulder straps and added some shock cord to roll up and stow the panel. I did not add a frame sheet.

Attachments

• 20200210_165806.jpg
    20200210_165806.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200223_114811.jpg
    20200223_114811.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 37