confirm my purchase, bitz jig

92xj

WKR
I have fletched arrows for the past 10 years with an ez 3 fletch right helical.
I am now looking to go to 4 fletch right offset and believe the Bitz is the best route to go.
I want to do the right offset to get the arrow spinning quickly compared to straight, like the helical, but avoid the helical to help down range drop off, or lack there of.
I am 2 seconds away from clicking the order button but need to confirm what I am buying is correct.
First, I do believe I want to fletch with the nock installed so I want a normal bitz jig without the upgrade.
And, to get the offset, I need to get the straight jig and straight clamp? With the straight clamp, I will be able to adjust the jig to get the offset?
I should NOT buy the straight jig and right wing clamp? That clamp will be the right helical?

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
Because I don't know a product and want to make sure I get the right option?
I will dumb it down.
For right off set, I should get a straight clamp or right wing clamp?
The non upgraded jig will allow me to Fletch with the nocks installed, correct?

As far as I know all bitz jigs keep the nock installed to fletch. I haven’t looked lately but the upgraded nock receiver allowed for cock game to align with the nock for cock up. Traditional nock receiver was nock out.

For clamps all you want is the straight the jig shouldn’t have a straight or helical option that is through how the clamp holds the vane. The jig has tons of adjustment to obtain as much offset as you want and still keep the fletching bases in contact with the arrow.

My jig is older and they have changed very slightly over the years but nothing major that I know of.

Wapiti1

WKR
For either straight or offset fletch, only the straight clamp is needed. The other two clamps are for helical. You'll adjust the offset with the two adjustment knobs.

Once you get it, you'll see how it works.

Jeremy

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I do a lot of 4-fletch and have always used my Bitz with the straight clamp and right offset. You can still get some serious helical on longer vanes even with the straight clamp. But I mostly just use ~2" vanes and offset.

HookUp

WKR
Straight or right does not matter. I use the helical clamp to build my four fletch. Call and talk to them, there isn't much variance between jigs.

Clarktar

WKR
Timely thread! I'm looking to start doing my own arrows also, same 4 Fletch as you described. Have you looked for the best price on the bitz yet?

Also, do you find an arrow saw necessary?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
When you factor in the upgrade and shipping they are all about the same. I ordered a jig last night with the upgrade already installed from 60x custom strings. I'm sure there is better prices to buy the jig and upgrade and install yourself but I didn't find much.

As far as a saw, I either order my shafts already cut from online sources and then if I need to trim more I head to the local sports store and they cut them for me.

Clarktar

WKR
What upgrade? You for the jig, and a straight clamp?
When you factor in the upgrade and shipping they are all about the same. I ordered a jig last night with the upgrade already installed from 60x custom strings. I'm sure there is better prices to buy the jig and upgrade and install yourself but I didn't find much.

As far as a saw, I either order my shafts already cut from online sources and then if I need to trim more I head to the local sports store and they cut them for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
Well, yeah an upgrade for me from my ex Fletch... But I'm referring to the bitzenburger jig that has an upgrade for purchase for the jig.
You can buy the original jig and then buy the upgrade which has a new piece that holds the shafts without a nock installed. The internet says the original nock holder has a tiny bit of movement if you press hard with the clamp and OCD people enjoy the upgrade and tight mount.