Congratulations James Petker "Bearhunter"

7mag.

WKR
Congrats James. That is a heck of a Goat, and you worked hard for it. You did the tag justice and then some. Heck of a year for you, I hope next year is even better.

mwestvang

FNG
Nice goat for sure. I used to hunt the rocks and slides in my younger days in Washington.
It's great county.

Mike

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
looking forward to it James and Luke

Still amazed at the size of that goat. And with a bow!

I just got a complimentary copy of Horns and Hooks magazine which has an article about this hunt and this is a great story. It's amazing how small a world this is because I was at the Sportsman's Convention last year when James won that tag. I didn't know who he was. The funny thing was my my wife thought I was nuts when I purchsed my own $100 raffle card for the $5000 prize. I told my wife and hunting buddies if I won I was gonna apply it towards the Governor's mountain goat tag auction as that would be the only way I could afford something like that in my lifetime. Well congrats to James, I'll have to keep an eye out for him at the Wild Sheep Foundation banquet in March and introduce myself.

On a side note, I also noticed on the bottom photo on page 15 there is none other than our own Aron Snyder posing with James and the trophy goat. That Kryptek Highlander camo looks good on that mountain side.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That was one of the funnest hunts I've ever been on and James has become a friend for life!
I just got a complimentary copy of Horns and Hooks magazine which has an article about this hunt and this is a great story. It's amazing how small a world this is because I was at the Sportsman's Convention last year when James won that tag. I didn't know who he was. The funny thing was my my wife thought I was nuts when I purchsed my own $100 raffle card for the $5000 prize. I told my wife and hunting buddies if I won I was gonna apply it towards the Governor's mountain goat tag auction as that would be the only way I could afford something like that in my lifetime. Well congrats to James, I'll have to keep an eye out for him at the Wild Sheep Foundation banquet in March and introduce myself.

On a side note, I also noticed on the bottom photo on page 15 there is none other than our own Aron Snyder posing with James and the trophy goat. That Kryptek Highlander camo looks good on that mountain side.