Connecting a child carrier to Kifaru duplex lite

satchamo

WKR
Has anyone done this? I have an osprey poco plus child carrier and I’ve been using it in recent weeks to carry my 3 year old while shed hunting but it packs like shit. I cinch the waist belt down as tight as I can to keep the load on my hips but it always slides and the shoulder straps always end up pulling down and in worked after a few hours of it.

I’ve seen guys do this in the past - and maybe I just need to take I apart and start trying to attach it but I was hoping someone might have pictures or advice on it or how to make it work.

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Yes, I ordered an extra set of straps from Kifaru and strapped it to my ultralight Kifaru Frame. The Kifaru insiders Facebook page has good info. It was fairly simple and much more comfortable than the osprey belt.

I don't have pics of it but you basically make an X across the back and add one or two horizontal straps for added support.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you. I guess if I’d taken 2 seconds to search I’d had already found this!

Wrench

WKR
I saw a chick on a crf 230 hauling a baby on her back in one....it was awesome.

tdot

WKR
I have the same kid carrier and frame. I also used a Grab-It to hold the bottom of Osprey frame. It made it abit more stable then just straps. Also alot easier to pop on and off.