Conrad’s High Country Outfitters- Colorado Archery Elk

Jkuhn22

FNG
I wanted to leave a quick review from my hunt this fall. I used Conrad’s High Country Outfitters for a archery Elk hunt. I hunted with Conrad’s this year after a recommendation from a friend. I was a little concerned by reviews I had read on other sites, but I experienced a great hunt and a great outfitter. This was my first time hunting with a guide. I had previously done DYI hunts in Montana. The camp is very clean and comfortable. It was nicer than I expected. Conrad promises 2 things: 1) he will hunt your butt off & 2) great food. They delivered on both. I am 36 years old and in above average shape for someone who sits behind a desk all day. We covered 8-14 miles a day……because we hit a full moon and the elk went silent. My guide was Edwin Lilly. He was great and pushed me to hunt hard. All the other guides (Bo, Tommy & Mike) we great was well. One even passed a kidney stone during the hunt and never missed a beat. I had opportunities at 1 giant, 1 good, and one rag horn. I should have killed a bull, but I screwed up the shots (my fault not the guide). Conrad is up in age and no longer personally guiding. He had great young guides that work really hard. If you are looking for an easy hunt and sitting in the lodge drinking whisky and telling stories, this is not the outfitter for you. If you want to work hard and do a real hunt, this is a great outfitter. Great experience and I will be a repeat client.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. Just don’t ask about the missed giant…..still having nightmares!