Conservation Permits

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
Through the years when it doesn't look like I will be drawn for a tag I will bid on a conservation tag at auctions. The tags give you a chance to hunt some great units and agree or disagree they do contribute a lot of money to conservation projects. Been trying again this year but the tags have been going sky high, about half again as much as the price of recent years. I'm thankful for the money raised for conservation but I may have to work a bit longer to cover the tag price or get my wife 2nd a job working evenings at Road Ranger. Lol.

Baby Boomers retiring and spending their money on the last few years they can hunt. I foresee continued increases in costs for high end hunts, then hopefully a plateau once the Boomers can’t hunt. But realistically I only see higher demand, and less opportunities all around 😕

Soon, in Utah, you'll be able to get a second wife that has a second job. That should pay for it.

I hope to be able to purchase some tags in the auctions someday but most of my money goes to my girls.

OP
B

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
I agree many of the tags are purchased by retiring baby boomers but I am also noticing the past few years many tags being won by 40ish year old men and women. The most aggressive bidder I saw was a good looking blond who raised the bid a couple of times on herself. I'm not sure the occupation of these younger bidders but am thankful for their conservation help.

I agree many of the tags are purchased by retiring baby boomers but I am also noticing the past few years many tags being won by 40ish year old men and women. The most aggressive bidder I saw was a good looking blond who raised the bid a couple of times on herself. I'm not sure the occupation of these younger bidders but am thankful for their conservation help.

I think most in this age group have an income called parents parents money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
The Trump Economy...or is it an extension of the 8 years of Obama when we just finally started to pull out of the muck....

Everybody has more disposable income...so Tag prices are UP. I suppose we are supposed to feel bad about that extra dough, eh?

_____