constant quest outfitters

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for feedback on Constant Quest Outfitters in Wyoming. Anyone have first hand experience hunting elk with them? Especially the bugle rifle hunts. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
They bought the well reviewed thoroughfare outfitters a couple years ago, do a search and u will find more info. I have researched alot of outfitters in the area and you need to book a couple years in advance and have 3+ preference points for non residents.

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
We will have three points in 2023 so that's what we are trying to book for. Or 2024 if need be. Thanks I'll look at Thorofare Outfitters

I booked with them for 2024. Spent a while on the phone with Nick. I’ve spent many many days researching outfitters in the area, lord knows how many hours sending messages to guides in the area, people that had hunted there in the past I had it narrowed down to 3 outfits I really liked.
After talking to all 3 I had to cross one off due to no openings for rifle u til 27 and that would be first come first serve in November. That left me with constant quest and one other. After talking with nick for a while I decided I’d go With him.

just an FYI, thorofare was bought by constant

Jaker_cc

WKR
I booked with them for 2024. Spent a while on the phone with Nick. I’ve spent many many days researching outfitters in the area, lord knows how many hours sending messages to guides in the area, people that had hunted there in the past I had it narrowed down to 3 outfits I really liked.
After talking to all 3 I had to cross one off due to no openings for rifle u til 27 and that would be first come first serve in November. That left me with constant quest and one other. After talking with nick for a while I decided I’d go With him.

Care to share your other two picks?

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like we both been going down the same path on this. I talked to (probably) the same outfitter with no opportunity till 2027 also. And several others. Still need to locate someone that has actually been in constant quest camp for first hand knowledge.
What hung did you book? Early or late? Thanks again

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like we both been going down the same path on this. I talked to (probably) the same outfitter with no opportunity till 2027 also. And several others. Still need to locate someone that has actually been in constant quest camp for first hand knowledge.
Theres a couple guys here that have hunted with them. I forget their usernames but I’m sure they’ll see this. I did the bugle rifle hunt. Will be sept27-October 6 of 2024.

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Theres a couple guys here that have hunted with them. I forget their usernames but I’m sure they’ll see this. I did the bugle rifle hunt. Will be sept27-October 6 of 2024.
That's the same hunt we are looking at. Possible we may be in camp at the same time we will be making a decision in the next month or less

Last edited:
That's tgd same hunt we are looking at. Possible we may be in camp at the same time we will be making a decision in tge next month or less
I honestly do think you could go wrong with any of the 3 that I had it narrowed down to. I like the 8 day hunt that constant did. Was a day more than other places. I’m sure others would accommodate if you wanted to spend a little more. But line I said I talked to 2 guys that both hunted there. Both raves about the place

mntnguide

WKR
Why not just ask the outfitter for a list of past clients? I always tell people considering a guided hunt, to ask for a list of past clients who were both successful and unsuccessful. If an outfitter isnt willing to provide you with contacts, that should be an immediate red flag.

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
planning on asking for references to call we are waiting for him to call back to ask more questions. But I've been given outfitters friends phone numbers once in the past so exploring all avenues.

OP
J

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like we may share camp together in 2024. We booked the same date as you.

Looks like we may share camp together in 2024. We booked the same date as you.
Very nice! Gonna be a great hunt. I talked to a guy who’s going there for a 4th time in the 22. He also said it’s an amazing trip