Contact Lenses

dotman

Anyone wear these on their backpack hunts. I have always just wore my glasses because it would suck to lose a contact. If you do, do you take them out at night or just leave them in?

Last edited:

7mag.

I wear extended wear disposables, so I take an extra pair. I've been wearing contacts for over 20 years, so they are a normal part of my life.

bowhnter7

I take em plus an extra pair.

I take them out every night. No way would I wear glasses, totally changes my
peripheral vision. Plus shooting the bow would suck.

flytrait

My son wears the disposables and takes extra's, they are light and if anything happens he just pops a new one in..

OP
D

dotman

I may have to give them a shot at hunting, I have been wearing them off an on for 20 years but never used them while hunting.

Backpack Hunter

I have tried and tried to use them. I guess I have issues so I just wear the glasses. It would be nice to wear them though....no fogged lenses, no smear marks, no scratched lenses.....man I wish I could wear them.

Ridge Ghost

I just had lasik done last July... one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is so nice for everyday life, but especially for hunting and backpacking overnight. If any of you are considering it, just do it!

That said, I used to wear contacts hunting. I don't remember the particular brand, but it was a model that allowed you to sleep in them for a few days without drying out very bad. I slept in them and just used some rewetting drops when I woke up in the morning without many issues. I preferred this to taking them out every night because it can be hard to keep your hands clean enough on a backcountry hunt. Guiding a dirty finger in your eye via headlamp at 5am is no fun.