Contact wearers' what's your secrets

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I will have to agree with LASIK. Get it if you can, I am going on three years since surgery and have zero regrets. When I did hunt without the surgery I opted for glasses as my hands seemed to filthy to put them in my eyes.

BR00D

FNG
Takes practice but you can definitely teach yourself to put your contacts on without a mirror. I find lifting my lid and looking right at the incoming contact works well.

Rock-o

WKR
Takes practice but you can definitely teach yourself to put your contacts on without a mirror. I find lifting my lid and looking right at the incoming contact works well.

Absolutely. I have to look at the contact coming in for the landing.

bhunt6688

FNG
small case, small bottle of solution, 1 or 2 backup pairs. Clean your finger with a little water then look directly at it and pop that sucker in! Worst case scenario, I've been told saliva can work to help clean a contact lens. Water directly on contacts is a no no. I've had one pop out in the field and get dirty, just spit on it or roll it around in your mouth for a second then place it back in your eye.

Fulton

FNG
Daily contacts, always bring a few extra pairs as well as glasses. Lasik on my short list.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't needed a mirror for years, just a small bottle of solution, container, a tiny bottle of eye drops and a lightweigt pair of old glasses.
Super compact and lightweight.

madcalfe

WKR
I use the 2 week disposable ones. before my sheep hunts I just throw a fresh pair in and bring a very small thing of solution and a case and then a spare pair on contacts and small bottle of visine. I usually don't even take my contacts out and just use the visine if i feel them getting dry

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I wore contacts for 30 years or so. Used the 2 week disposable for most of that time. However, my eyes changed and had to stop sleeping in them about 5 years ago. Always carried a spare pair with me. But...I just had cataracts removed and had permanent lens implants put in. It has been great!!!! Get the lasik if you can do it.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I start with a fresh pair and take them out every night. Some water and a wet wipe to clean my hands, then I take them out or put them in.

I carry a small travel size bottle, a spare pair, and glasses with me. There's no way I would head out without at least glasses. I'm blind without them.

I would like Lasik or whatever the best form of corrective surgery is, but that's not in the budget yet.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I switched to the contacts you leave in for 30 days and never looked back. (Pun intended)
Pack an extra set in my first aid pouch that never leaves my back pack and hunt. Always bring eye drops though as they can get sticky in the mornings.

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
I use daily contacts and learned to put them in without a mirror when I need to. I use an alcohol wipe or a spray of water to clean off my hands before putting them.

More and more, I've switched to using my glasses with a strap. My eyes dry out with contacts.

HNTR918

WKR
Get LASIK and don't look back!!!!

I went 4 season with contacts, the late hunts were the worst.

Save up, its less then some rifles on the classifieds.

ndbuck09

WKR
Air optix night and days, leave em in for a month, but do take a night during the month and put em in solution. but you'd obviously do that after or before your trip.

BDRam16

WKR
How are there people wearing contacts still that use anything other than the Air Optix day and night????? Wear them the whole trip and bring an extra pair or two.

schmalzy

WKR
I roll with monthlies without issue. Bring a spare set in case of dirt or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
I actually fool with my clear care and set the canister up in my boot wedged with a sock or bino pack pocket so it doesn’t tip over. I have a tiny bottle of regular solution as well, a backup pair, and my glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk