Contact Wearers

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
For hunts acquire Acuvue Oasys contacts.
Bring extra 2 pair and solution.
Have been wearing extended wear for a long time.
Work in way less than ideal conditions for contacts.
Wear two weeks and chuck them.

R

Mutto

FNG
For hunts acquire Acuvue Oasys contacts.
Bring extra 2 pair and solution.
Have been wearing extended wear for a long time.
Work in way less than ideal conditions for contacts.
Wear two weeks and chuck them.

R

This is similar to what I do. Their astigmatism lens is great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bring a little bottle of hand sanitizer along and use that before putting in or taking out my contacts. I haven't had problems even if my fingers are a little dirty otherwise. I have definitely forgotten the contacts in the pack and have had them freeze inside the case but they thaw out in the case pretty quick in a pocket and I pop them back in, no worries (just a little cold on the eyeballs!). They are a bit of a pain in the backcountry, but not that big of a deal imo. I just pack a small bottle of solution, some sanitizer, a couple extra pairs of contacts, the main little case, a small mirror, and my glasses that I wear around camp in the evenings and mornings.

OP
Kevin Dill
You guys who are advocating Acuvue or other strategies utilizing multiple sets of contacts: Are you referring to soft contacts or RGP type?

*zap*

WKR
If you go with daily wear contacts that you take out for sleep sports glasses that have a band rather than the ear arms are extremely comfortable.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
You guys who are advocating Acuvue or other strategies utilizing multiple sets of contacts: Are you referring to soft contacts or RGP type?
The ones I mentioned above are very permeable and soft.
I start with a new set at the begining of a hunt and carry a backup set or two.
As they weight nothing no real downside.
Phone can be used as a "mirror" if you need to swap a pair out.
Closest thing to having regular vision again.

R

OP
Kevin Dill
Thanks. I spoke with my eye doc this morning. I cannot get the same vision correction (that I currently have) by using any type of soft contact. I'm actually wearing a type of progressive or bifocal contact, which is also rigid. He advised me to not go with soft lenses, given my Rx and the difficulties I had with soft lenses in the past.

So here it is. I'll be using my RGP lenses and doing careful daily cleaning. I just have to plan/manage it to make it easier and remain clean. My glasses will get used some, and will be my backup.

Thanks everyone.

jeff68

FNG
bring spares. Don't take the ones you're wearing out. I wear disposables 6-8 weeks without removing them. Done it for years. Never a problem. I've worn contacts for 35 years. To each their own

Scratch that, just read your post