Contacting companies with issues?

WCB

WKR
I understand asking if people have used warranties and the experience they had with a company before buying a product or using a service. That is normal doing your research kind of stuff. But, why do people constantly ask how to handle warranty/product issues without first contacting the company when something does come up?

On the same subject...Why do people complain to companies on a public forum (Instagram, facebook, etc.) about a problem again without contacting a company first. I get it if you have been blown off by said company and not had a reply or response in a reasonable time but come on...go to the companies contact us page and call or email them. It is not just here but day to day I see people get worked up before they have even spoken with the company...then when they do, most time it is a simple fix and handled great by the company and radio silence on the consumer end.

Wow,take it easy.It's only Monday.Less than a week till the Super Bowl.
Then you can vent your frustrations on the Chiefs,who are going to get
thier butts kicked by the Forty Niners. 〽💥

BFR

WKR
Huh? Where is this? I’m missing out on all the bashing! Actually, I haven’t seen this very often, at least not until someone has been in contact with the company with negative results.

OP
W

WCB

WKR
Huh? Where is this? I’m missing out on all the bashing! Actually, I haven’t seen this very often, at least not until someone has been in contact with the company with negative results.

Not saying everyone is bashing...but it happens on here a bunch. "had a problem with xyz product it doesn't work whats the deal?" "Had issues with a product how is this companies warranty handled"

MattB

WKR
For good or bad, many people in this day and age look to the internet as their first line problem solving tool. Some of it is immediacy, some of it is laziness. With product/warranty complaints, I think some people try to drum up consensus to justify their position. It is what it is but I understand your sentiment.

If I am asking about a product on a social platform it's to see if I'm the idiot in the equation, which is more often than not the case, but I also get your point if you have gone through the trouble shooting and still have an issue don't just start bashing the company saying they have crap product and horrible customer service if you haven't done your due diligence first.

I understand asking if people have used warranties and the experience they had with a company before buying a product or using a service. That is normal doing your research kind of stuff. But, why do people constantly ask how to handle warranty/product issues without first contacting the company when something does come up?

On the same subject...Why do people complain to companies on a public forum (Instagram, facebook, etc.) about a problem again without contacting a company first. I get it if you have been blown off by said company and not had a reply or response in a reasonable time but come on...go to the companies contact us page and call or email them. It is not just here but day to day I see people get worked up before they have even spoken with the company...then when they do, most time it is a simple fix and handled great by the company and radio silence on the consumer end.

Why do you feel the need to even post this? Just move on.

tdhanses

WKR
I have to agree, I’m with you and don’t understand. My guess is they are angry and want to get a dog in feeling like they’ll hurt the company. Most just come off as a DB in the end.

It’s a different sorry if they contacted said company first without a response or negative experience, then it’s good for all to know.

16Bore

WKR
People expect to talk to the CEO after the first ring, then a new product over nighted.

I mean shit....I spent a month researching my thing and expect nothing short of instant perfection.

I think if manufacturers stopped giving away products or monetizing reviews, it would be a completely different attitude with end users expectations. It's all about the marketing and online product demos by " independent " reviewers. Look at Vortex, on a good day this is a low to mid range product hyped up to be a mid to high end item. If they did not have the generous warranty policy would most folks still drink the koolaid? HELL NO.

I have no idea how this is related to the topic, carry on

Some people are intellectually challenged.....or lazy. Often both. It's almost as annoying as seeing someone post a WTB ad in the classified for an item that retails for $20. I don't get it.

OP
W

WCB

WKR
Why do you feel the need to even post this? Just move on.

Because I see it here a bunch and in general now days. As some have said it seems to be people are getting lazy and as I feel social media and the instant gratification age is pushing it.

With that said...
Why do you feel the need to comment if you don't have an answer on the question? move on.

For good or bad, many people in this day and age look to the internet as their first line problem solving tool. Some of it is immediacy, some of it is laziness. With product/warranty complaints, I think some people try to drum up consensus to justify their position. It is what it is but I understand your sentiment.
The OP's take is legit. MattB's post jives with a form of attribution bias called false consensus. Using a web forum we can post a negative angle on a brand/product experience...get others to publicly agree...then mock anyone willing to disagree. If you're a bit mean-spirited, works great to create a false sense of being on the right side of the matter. Brands with solid CS attitudes are wise to it/teach it - helps CS people resist the temptations to bite back.