Containing water bladder leaks.

I've decided to go hybrid this year and still carry my nalgene, but also use a water bladder in the early season. As much as I dislike them, I hydrate more when I use a water bladder.

Considered placing a 3L dry bag around the bladder/hydration sleeve in my Stone Glacier. Usually seems it's not an if but when for leaks, eventually, no matter how careful I am.

Ziplock plastic bags make quite a bit of noise, but I figured silnylon dry bag would have moree longevity and be quieter. I will be using a quick fill, so the bladder stays in the pack for refills.

Anyone else preemptively try to contain water bladder leaks and if so, how? Thanks.

I figured out to lay my bladder on top of everything in my pack and have stopped any potential leaking issue. A couple of trips I left it hanging in the bag by the loop and had the hose come loose from the bag. Entire 3L dumped inside my pack. After moving it to top of my pack it’s been perfect. No leaking potential and easy to grab and refill. I always carry a bladder with me and generally use a Nalgene throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using the same mil spec Camelbak for about 18 years and only had one leak, when the o-ring on the bottom where the tube connects to the bag sprung a leak. Replaced the o-ring and it's been good since. I keep a couple spares in my pack now. But I never keep my water bladder inside the pack. It's normally in an outside pocket as part of the pack or a pocket attached to the pack.