Contest to win Javelin carbon bipod or $100 gift certificate

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders!

We’re looking for short stories about you using our Spartan Precision Equipment products in the field to post on our updated website. By entering, you will be placed in a drawing where the winner is picked randomly, so everyone has a good chance.

What you could win: Your choice of a Javelin bipod, or a $100 gift certificate to Spartan Precision Equipment

When is the drawing: Wednesday, June 3rd at midnight

What you need to enter: Write a 3-4 paragraph short story about your experiene using one of our products in the field. We would love to hear how it helped you. Send along a picture or two. Here’s a link to my story to give you an example of what we’re looking for.

By entering the contest, you are giving us consent to possibly feature your entry in the story section of our website.

Good luck, and I’m truly excited to read through each one of your adventures!

Dennis

WKR
I became interested in Spartan Precision Equipment at the 2019 Western Hunt Expo in Salt Lake City. I have used bipods off and on for years, but did not care for their weight, balance and putting them on and off especially when hunting from a horseback. I am now packing a Spartan Javelin bipod in a leather belt holster which leaves my rifle with clean lines. I installed a gunsmith adapter to my rifle stock for shooting prone and hope someday to add a Davros head to my tripod for kneeing, sitting or standing shots.

Last summer I practiced shooting the Spartan System out to 700 yards and found it to be as fast as any attached bipod and much simpler to operate. Accuracy was great on my light weight rifle.

My first hunt using my Spartan Precision Equipment was a Wyoming antelope hunt. The first morning I was up first and we quickly spotted a nice buck with some does up on a ridge. I managed to close the distance to about 170 yards on a snowy and foggy morning. The Javelin bipod worked perfectly, but I did learn that the ground was cover with cactus just under the blanket of snow. Great product!

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 29
OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I became interested in Spartan Precision Equipment at the 2019 Western Hunt Expo in Salt Lake City. I have used bipods off and on for years, but did not care for their weight, balance and putting them on and off especially when hunting from a horseback. I am now packing a Spartan Javelin bipod in a leather belt holster which leaves my rifle with clean lines. I installed a gunsmith adapter to my rifle stock for shooting prone and hope someday to add a Davros head to my tripod for kneeing, sitting or standing shots.

Last summer I practiced shooting the Spartan System out to 700 yards and found it to be as fast as any attached bipod and much simpler to operate. Accuracy was great on my light weight rifle.

My first hunt using my Spartan Precision Equipment was a Wyoming antelope hunt. The first morning I was up first and we quickly spotted a nice buck with some does up on a ridge. I managed to close the distance to about 170 yards on a snowy and foggy morning. The Javelin bipod worked perfectly, but I did learn that the ground was cover with cactus just under the blanket of snow. Great product!

I love your hunting story Dennis! That's one smoker of an antelope too. Those critters are my favorite animal to hunt. Thanks for submitting this story!

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders!

So far we've only got one entry to this contest. With only 2 more days, if you write us a short story you stand a great chance of winning!

LightFoot

WKR
I wish I could enter, but I have no field experience with a Spartan Precision Equipment product. I have used Harris, Caldwell, and Atlas bipods. I recently ordered a Javelin bipod which I intend to use this fall. I am anxiously checking the mail daily.

I hope you have this opportunity for us next year and I will be glad to share my experiences.

Until then, looking forward to reading more stories.

>>>----JAKE----->

tam9492

WKR
It’s the fall of 2020, and I’m on a big woods hunt in PA’s northern tier chasing whitetail deer. Just a few months prior, on June 3, 2020, @Oregon Hunter selected me to win a Javelin bipod. This was fortunate because as a young fella just starting a family, extra cash was limited. I had been looking at Javelin bipods for about a year already just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. Lucky me!

Where was I? Oh yeah....sitting on snow-covered mountainside glassing the bottom and opposite face. It was one of those evenings that just felt right. Deer had been moving throughout the afternoon, and I suspected that a shooter would get on his feet as light faded. Sure enough, with 30 minutes of light left, I got a glimpse of ivory and brown. The binoculars confirmed that I need to get my head in the scope. I was setup comfortably on a large boulder, the Javelin bipod attached to my new lightweight mountain rifle I purchased specifically to use with the bipod. I confirmed the range at 264 and squeezed. He dropped.

I made my way over to the downed buck - a 140” public land Pennsylvania mountain buck. A true trophy taken my way. With heavy straps on my shoulders, I smiled the whole way out to the truck. I couldn’t have been more thankful to dump my previous bipod setup.

CC02E255-0DD0-4F12-AF31-60931BFDAAD7.jpeg
339FE4A6-D41A-4A74-9D5C-AC3D610D4193.jpeg

That’s how I envision it, anyway...

twall13

WKR
Last summer I went on a hunting safari in South Africa with my father and brother. I had been fortunate to spot and stalk and successfully shoot a Blue Wildebeast, Blesbuck, and Osterich earlier in the week. As I was stalking those animals they ended in quick shots, generally from the PH's shooting sticks, with the Wildebeast being supported on a nearby tree. It wasn't my preferred setup but I made the most of my opportunities as they presented themselves. It's always important to practice shooting from various field positions and be prepared for any situation.

The only remaining animal on my hunt list was an Impala, an animal that is recognizable as a representation of African plains game even to non hunters. We left in the early morning before the sun was up and drove out to a glassing point overlooking a couple of hillsides and a basin with a clearing and a watering hole. This was the first spot I'd set up in an ambush type situation and it was awesome to sit and glass up Zebra, giraffe, warthogs, etc. as we watched hoping an impala would come in to water. After about 45 minutes of glassing all around we heard an intense grunting sound from across the hill. It's a gnarly sound that's hard to explain but my lack of experience pegged it as a warthog immediately. The PH quickly said, "Impala ram!". I was shocked that an impala made that sound. If you've never heard it, do a YouTube search to see what I'm talking about. We tracked the sound every few minutes as it went down through the thick brush towards the clearing below. He soon came out chasing four ewes around with a couple of smaller rams watching from a distance.

The PH said he wasn't huge, but was still a nice ram and looked very old. That "very old" comment sealed it for me and I decided I wanted to take him. The PH offered his shooting sticks again. I ranged the shot at 378 yards, but with the steep downhill angle my rangefinder compensated to 331. I was much more comfortable shooting prone at that distance, especially on such a small bodied animal, so I quickly deployed my Javelin Bipod that fits so nicely in my pant pocket. I laid out prone and waited for the ram to turn broadside. When he did I was ready and one shot from my Bergara in 6.5 Creed did the trick. Sure, I had time to come up with another stable shooting solution in this case, but having the javelin on hand gave me confidence to set up quickly and be ready. That was both my farthest shot of the trip and also the one I felt most comfortable/confident taking due to the stability of the Javelin Bipod.
5d8306f24368e2e2d24c80a3cbe2df0c.jpg
15e0d8e64dfac2ecaa67ab6c48d2fb6c.jpg
b715f0905c7b1cdbc86c3e9e23305edf.jpg
ee3942c638aeb94e5d5d865018475623.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s the fall of 2020, and I’m on a big woods hunt in PA’s northern tier chasing whitetail deer. Just a few months prior, on June 3, 2020, @Oregon Hunter selected me to win a Javelin bipod. This was fortunate because as a young fella just starting a family, extra cash was limited. I had been looking at Javelin bipods for about a year already just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. Lucky me!

Where was I? Oh yeah....sitting on snow-covered mountainside glassing the bottom and opposite face. It was one of those evenings that just felt right. Deer had been moving throughout the afternoon, and I suspected that a shooter would get on his feet as light faded. Sure enough, with 30 minutes of light left, I got a glimpse of ivory and brown. The binoculars confirmed that I need to get my head in the scope. I was setup comfortably on a large boulder, the Javelin bipod attached to my new lightweight mountain rifle I purchased specifically to use with the bipod. I confirmed the range at 264 and squeezed. He dropped.

I made my way over to the downed buck - a 140” public land Pennsylvania mountain buck. A true trophy taken my way. With heavy straps on my shoulders, I smiled the whole way out to the truck. I couldn’t have been more thankful to dump my previous bipod setup.

View attachment 186338
View attachment 186340

That’s how I envision it, anyway...

Haha, I like your creativity in envisioning a successful fall hunt!

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Last summer I went on a hunting safari in South Africa with my father and brother. I had been fortunate to spot and stalk and successfully shoot a Blue Wildebeast, Blesbuck, and Osterich earlier in the week. As I was stalking those animals they ended in quick shots, generally from the PH's shooting sticks, with the Wildebeast being supported on a nearby tree. It wasn't my preferred setup but I made the most of my opportunities as they presented themselves. It's always important to practice shooting from various field positions and be prepared for any situation.

The only remaining animal on my hunt list was an Impala, an animal that is recognizable as a representation of African plains game even to non hunters. We left in the early morning before the sun was up and drove out to a glassing point overlooking a couple of hillsides and a basin with a clearing and a watering hole. This was the first spot I'd set up in an ambush type situation and it was awesome to sit and glass up Zebra, giraffe, warthogs, etc. as we watched hoping an impala would come in to water. After about 45 minutes of glassing all around we heard an intense grunting sound from across the hill. It's a gnarly sound that's hard to explain but my lack of experience pegged it as a warthog immediately. The PH quickly said, "Impala ram!". I was shocked that an impala made that sound. If you've never heard it, do a YouTube search to see what I'm talking about. We tracked the sound every few minutes as it went down through the thick brush towards the clearing below. He soon came out chasing four ewes around with a couple of smaller rams watching from a distance.

The PH said he wasn't huge, but was still a nice ram and looked very old. That "very old" comment sealed it for me and I decided I wanted to take him. The PH offered his shooting sticks again. I ranged the shot at 378 yards, but with the steep downhill angle my rangefinder compensated to 331. I was much more comfortable shooting prone at that distance, especially on such a small bodied animal, so I quickly deployed my Javelin Bipod that fits so nicely in my pant pocket. I laid out prone and waited for the ram to turn broadside. When he did I was ready and one shot from my Bergara in 6.5 Creed did the trick. Sure, I had time to come up with another stable shooting solution in this case, but having the javelin on hand gave me confidence to set up quickly and be ready. That was both my farthest shot of the trip and also the one I felt most comfortable/confident taking.
8aaef8b7fce7109747e74b1d7cdeae3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice job writing the story! It sounds like it came right out of a magazine. How do you like that Bergara rifle?

I've been hunting for awhile and know that a steady rest is extremely important when getting ready to squeeze the trigger on any animal. We as hunters need to do the best we can to kill the animal as quickly as possible. When I found out about the Javelin bipod it was instantly at the top of my list because it is simple to use and not much of a weight penalty as a backpack hunter. I have used it to help take multiple animals. But as a semi experienced hunter I feel like a better test is when new or inexperienced hunters use it.

My wife Katrina drew a decent mule deer tag her second year hunting. She didn't grow up around guns like a lot of hunters so we practiced during the summer. Opening day rolls around and its -10 ambient with a steady breeze. After nearly spooking a nice buck onto private from public we find it bedded again and have to wait for the season to open. (the season opens @noon) We sat there in the freezing cold for a couple hours keeping tabs on the buck and trying to stay warm.

A minute after the season opened we wormed our way to the crest of the ridge for a shot across the ravine. The buck was bedded about 40 yards from private so we couldn't stalk around on top of it. She got setup on the rifle with the Javelin bipod. Almost as soon as she got setup the buck got up and stood behind one of the only trees around. I ranged it @413 yards and had her dial it. We laid there in the freezing wind for 25 minutes. The buck finally took a couple steps forward and cleared its vitals. At the shot I saw what looked like a perfect impact through the spotter.
Katrina bedded buck.jpg
After sitting there for a couple hours in the cold, then laying on the ridge for almost a half hour shivering in the wind. She made a perfect shot. Without a doubt the Javelin helped steady her for the shot. I will continue to pack it with me on all my hunts, her hunts, and my boys hunts.
Katrina's Buck.jpg

twall13

WKR
Nice job writing the story! It sounds like it came right out of a magazine. How do you like that Bergara rifle?
Thanks, I don't know about the magazine part but it was a fun hunt for sure. I really like the Bergara B14 HMR a lot. It's a definitely on the heavy side but I have more confidence shooting it than any other rifle I've ever owned so I lugged it around last fall more than I thought I would.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wish I could enter, but I have no field experience with a Spartan Precision Equipment product. I have used Harris, Caldwell, and Atlas bipods. I recently ordered a Javelin bipod which I intend to use this fall. I am anxiously checking the mail daily.

I hope you have this opportunity for us next year and I will be glad to share my experiences.

Until then, looking forward to reading more stories.

>>>----JAKE----->

Welcome to the Spartan team! If you have any questions once you get your bipod, I'm always happy to help.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been hunting for awhile and know that a steady rest is extremely important when getting ready to squeeze the trigger on any animal. We as hunters need to do the best we can to kill the animal as quickly as possible. When I found out about the Javelin bipod it was instantly at the top of my list because it is simple to use and not much of a weight penalty as a backpack hunter. I have used it to help take multiple animals. But as a semi experienced hunter I feel like a better test is when new or inexperienced hunters use it.

My wife Katrina drew a decent mule deer tag her second year hunting. She didn't grow up around guns like a lot of hunters so we practiced during the summer. Opening day rolls around and its -10 ambient with a steady breeze. After nearly spooking a nice buck onto private from public we find it bedded again and have to wait for the season to open. (the season opens @noon) We sat there in the freezing cold for a couple hours keeping tabs on the buck and trying to stay warm.

A minute after the season opened we wormed our way to the crest of the ridge for a shot across the ravine. The buck was bedded about 40 yards from private so we couldn't stalk around on top of it. She got setup on the rifle with the Javelin bipod. Almost as soon as she got setup the buck got up and stood behind one of the only trees around. I ranged it @413 yards and had her dial it. We laid there in the freezing wind for 25 minutes. The buck finally took a couple steps forward and cleared its vitals. At the shot I saw what looked like a perfect impact through the spotter.
View attachment 186352
After sitting there for a couple hours in the cold, then laying on the ridge for almost a half hour shivering in the wind. She made a perfect shot. Without a doubt the Javelin helped steady her for the shot. I will continue to pack it with me on all my hunts, her hunts, and my boys hunts.
View attachment 186353

I've never seen a dual bipod setup before. That's really creative, and a sweet looking rifle. Congratulations on a stud of a buck!

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Alright Roksliders, you have until the end of today to post your story and be entered to win this 5.5 oz carbon bipod or $100 in Spartan credit!

JavShortFrontExt@0,5x.jpg

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you all so much for entering the contest! I gathered up the number of entries, put the total into an online random number generator, and it picked twall13. Congratulations!!

We're going to continue to support our Rokslide forum members with contests and giveaways. If you can think of any creative ways that you'd like to see us do this in the future, let me know.