Controlling Garmin InReach with watch

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
I just recently found out that my Garmin Instinct watch can pair with the Mini through ANT+ allowing for SOS, Send Preset messages and to Initiate Tracking. This could be big time if I ever fall in a way where I can't get to the Mini which is usually clipped to the shoulder strap on my pack. I thought I'd put it out there since it's a pretty cool feature and I haven't seen any talk about it. I think the Instinct is their entry level watch so all of the fancier ones I'm sure have it as well.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I saw that as well but haven’t tried it, I set up Bluetooth and it made a huge difference shortening in instinct battery life

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Works awesome and love the fact that I can quick send msg from the watch. Battery certainly does drain quicker ... but no quicker then normal GPS tracking mode anyways. I carry a bank or two for many things as well as a mini Solar panel from time to time. I’d say if you use it all the time it would go to only 3 days use. But. We don’t USE it 24-7 so I’ve easily gotten 4-5 days out of it. Just turn it off when not in use. Neat feature and I hope I never have to use the SOS from mine ..... but at least it’ll lead em to the pile of grizzly scat like a homing pigeon hahahaha

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk