Convertible style Pants

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm thinking about trying a convertible type pant , needs to be synthetic material, prefere 4 way strech, fitted fi and at least 5 pockets . What have you guys used? I know rei makes a pair but having a hard time finding much more? I have ascent pants and they have the leg roll up option but wouldnt mind something different? Thanks all

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you want the top to come off?

In all seriousness I have a few pair of rei and Colombia. I like the Colombias a lot.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kuhl makes a couple that are pretty good, but not real stretchy.

You're going to have trouble finding a set with somewhat silent material (I did anyway), and REI had the most silent model.

NEhunter

WKR
I have The North Face Paramount Peak convertible pants. Pretty decent pants IMO with 6 pockets. Not real stretchy though.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Arborwear convertible tech pants are a durable option. I have used them for 3 years now and they have held up well. You can keep your boots on and still remove the bottoms. They have a new four way stretch towpath convertible pant that look good but I do not own those.

jags

FNG
Second the North Face Paramount Peak pants. Not stretchy but comfortable and a good all around hiking pants.

R3B3

FNG
I got a deal on some Mountain Khaki Granite Creek pants that I really like.
Not real stretchy, but durable.
Also come in a variety of neutral colors.

Columbia convertible pants are fairly quiet - there are a couple models, and they are a fraction of the price of the big hunting brands, although you'll not have camo options. The leg rub by the zipper is noticeable if the pang is too tight, however if its hot worth the option. I have not worn other brands simply because the Columbia's breathe well and at the same time do not snag, which other lightweight pants usually do.