Cook set

Looking for a little advice. I've been eyeing the soto altimus cook set, as well as the optimus crux lite set. Does anyone have experience with either of these sets? Can someone point me in a better direction?

Thanks

I use a MSR pocket rocket 2 with a 750 ml Toaks titanium bail handle mug (which nests a small iso canister and the burner inside of it) I made a small felt bag to put the stove it so it doesn't rattle around in there. It's extremely compact and light.

For when I'm not as concerned about weight, and or want absolute reliability, you can't beat the MSR reactor

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
ac62bd21bfed26453873f209e0bf0204.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the msr
You bet. One side note, the pocket rocket is great, but wind is hard on it. Just keep that in mind. It's not usually a problem for me, I just make sure to set up in a protected area when using it if it's windy. Some guys make little wind screens, which would be a foolproof way to do it.

ODB

WKR
You bet. One side note, the pocket rocket is great, but wind is hard on it. Just keep that in mind. It's not usually a problem for me, I just make sure to set up in a protected area when using it if it's windy. Some guys make little wind screens, which would be a foolproof way to do it.

Just gotta be careful with windscreens and butane stoves. The pocket rocket is great, but I prefer a remote canister stove and use a Kovea Spider most of the time now.

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy of mine has the Optimus set and loves it I run a pocket rocket 2 and snow peak 700 and the pocket rocket and small fuel canister fit in it perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk