Cooler Advice For Elk

For my boned out cow I used a 125 yeti and a 73 qt arb zero fridge. Wish those fridges weren’t so expensive two of them would’ve been perfect. no ice taking up space was nice. I think two of the 120 coolers you have would be perfect. You could pack one full of ice and dry ice when you start and keep it sealed up then divide the ice between the two when you actually need it to get thing cooled down and add dry ice when you get to town. Store dry food or whatever in the empty one. I did that on a salmon trip and it worked out great. A few days later when we needed the ice we opened up the full cooler and were able to top off the other cooler with half and had room in fresh cooler for more fish.

GDP

FNG
I have a 165 qrt Igloo marine cooler that works well. We had a quartered full grown cow elk plus another quarter in plus some ice jugs. For ice I like the containers that costco sells nuts in. The square shape and size holds ice well and has more flexibility than milk jugs. I lay a cheap deli type plastic glove over the top and then put the lid on, never leaks that way.