Cooler capacity?

Hllovett

FNG
If you quarter out an antelope in Wyoming do you have to leave sex organs attached if meat is taken to processor?

bdan68

WKR
If you quarter out an antelope in Wyoming do you have to leave sex organs attached if meat is taken to processor?
You are required to have evidence of sex while transporting the antelope to the processor. However it does not have to be attached.

Edit: this would be for a doe tag, which I assume is what you're referring to. The type 1 tags I believe are always valid for "any antelope." So in that case I'm not really sure if you'd need evidence of sex.

FLS

WKR
A boned out antelope, head and hide will fit in a 48 quart Coleman Extreme. Froze it and shipped it home overnight when I flew out. It was waiting in my driveway when I got home. It was still frozen. I think it weighed 57 lbs. It was cheaper than the extra baggage charge.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
65qt is ideal. Put three frozen gallon jugs in there two days before you leave. Pull them, put 33lbs of ice in the bottom and put three of the artic ice 5lb packs on, frozen of course.

Only open it when you need to. Debone the meat and put it all in at once. You can fit two blacktail deer in one cooler easily like this so antelope would equate the same.

MAC1585

FNG
65qt yeti as others have said is plenty, I also add dry ice as well and that seems to work pretty good for me.

JMDavies

WKR
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a "get it cooled down" Nazi. I'll always bring a freezer and generator on every trip after having a horrible experience almost loosing 4 deer and their capes. While traveling, the freezer act as a waterproof bin for storing gear or holds the generator and fuel. I pre-freeze bottles of water and pack a cooler from to to bottom with then and I also bring an empty cooler. The frozen bottle avoid the meat and hides from sitting in the pooled water at the bottom of the cooler and can be refrozen with the freezer if needed. When hunting with a standard power source, we'll freeze quarters as we're successful and rotate them between the cooler and freezer. On back country trips, the freezer stay back at the0.jpg truck and is fired up for the drive home. The picture shows the animals we almost lost. The taxidermist didn't think the hair would hold on through the tanning process and he was right. All of the hides had some hair sluff. The meat ended up being fine but was definitely questionable. Just my two cents.

Bater

WKR
1 buck and 2 does quartered in a 120, I like to have my second 120 packed with back up ice as previously mentioned.A4E60CEC-D4EA-4829-AA54-3FF09DFF27BD.jpeg

Quick question. Trying to decide if I have enough cooler or need to get another. How much cooler space will a quartered/cut up antelope take?
Well maybe something that might help us out with your question is if you describe how big of a cooler and how many coolers you want to take, also what tag you have like doe or buck

Sled

WKR
i've always felt my cheap igloo 150 was overkill for two doe and would like an 80-100. i use dry ice under a rack/ wood so it doesn't contact the meat. i typically have some ice above and below the meat and drain frequently so the water doesn't soak the meat. even then, i had some backstraps get soaked and turn that light pink you get from brine. i put them on the grill as soon as i got home. they were tender and awesome.

Gen273

WKR
You guys that are taking deep freezers, are you hauling all of your gear in a truck or are pulling a trailer? The last trip that I made out west, we took a ton of gear, and we could barely haul it all...lol.