Cooler for Bone in Quarters

daddie63

WKR
I’m curious too how the kill bags are for holding ice. The thought of using them crossed my mind but wasn’t sure about the ice retention.

sterlryu

FNG
120 qt coleman marine xtreme held two bone in hindquarters and three frozen gallon jugs with room for the loose meat and was $90 off ebay.

sargent

WKR
Two 120 quart igloos for me. They'll fit a bone in elk with ice, don't weigh a ton, and are MUCH cheaper than similar sized Yetis etc. Here's a link to a video where Corey Jacobsen discusses the average size of elk quarters and relative cooler size.

I’m curious too how the kill bags are for holding ice. The thought of using them crossed my mind but wasn’t sure about the ice retention.
When I do it I usually line the bottom with blocked ice so it usually lasts a while. The Reliable kill bags are pretty impressive for how cold they stay. Cheaper ones not so much.

I use two Rubbermaid 150 qt marine coolers. They were $40 each and work perfectly for transport.

dmess

FNG
I went with the Coleman 200 XP Marine. My yeti 60 is built way better but I think the the Coleman keeps things cold as long and it’s sized right for elk quarters. Easily get an elk in there no problem. Got an elk and five deer in two of them last year. None of them boned out. Got an antelope and two deer in one this year. They run about $200 so not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk