Cooler Ice Block Molds

dtrkyman

WKR
There are a couple of teas I like that come in flat bottles, half gallon probably, they stack nice and fit in smaller coolers when needed.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have done the one gallon milk jugs but I prefer just getting block ice. The jugs take up space in my freezer, which is now full of elk, tuna, yellowtail and other wild game. As the ice melts I use it for water for the dogs. The block ice last a long time in my Yukon chest and I generally still have ice when I get home..

colersu22

WKR
We use the Costco milk jugs, they are rectangular and don’t taper at the top like a regular milk jug. Thick cap too.

I have been using the rectangle waters from arrowhead but we started buying the Costco milk and I was thinking about using them. Only issue I have with the arrowhead is the plastic handle is broken off 4-5 out of 12 or so in the past 3 seasons.

WCB

WKR
If you know anybody that gets the at home meals (every plate, go fresh) or whatever...Grab the ice packs from them. They are about the size of a gallon sized ziplock and maybe an inch thick. Freeze them flat. If I don't have to Ill never use milk jugs or bottles again they take too much room.
I think we have like 8 of them right now lay a couple flat on the bottom and a couple on top or stand one up like a divider in the middle etc. WAY better option.

Rich M

WKR
I been using the dish pans, same as you'd use in your kitchen. They do pretty good for blocks.

We do have a stack of those $3 blue cooler ice things and they work okay for a day fishing but I'm not 100% on using em for meat - prefer to let the ice water run and get drained for game meat.

I been using the dish pans, same as you'd use in your kitchen. They do pretty good for blocks.

We do have a stack of those $3 blue cooler ice things and they work okay for a day fishing but I'm not 100% on using em for meat - prefer to let the ice water run and get drained for game meat.

This. Get good ones and don’t over fill or they’ll crack.

Also google bussing dish tray. Those seem to be more heavy duty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk