Cooler size - deer

Gonna check it out. Thanks for the heads up
Looking for clarification on what size of cooler is needed to store a deer. Here in Ontario, Canada typical dressed bucks go anywhere from 150 lb to 250 lb plus for a whopper. I'd like to a have a cooler capable of storing all the meat (field dressed using the gutless method) from a deer to aid transport in an SUV.

I know this is 3 years old but 1 fit a small 130lb deer bone in, in a yeti 65 with a 20 pound bag of ice on the bottom . Picture is 20 pounds of ice on bottom, 4 quarters, back straps, tenderloins and all the scraps. Should have gotten a yeti 110. 20190831_015447.jpg

Last edited:
@Eddie_yeti Thanks for the visual. If that 130lb deer quarters barely fit in a 65 (length wise), I know a mature muley wont be fitting in my 48qt . Im trying NOT to bone out the quarters for the drive home.

paulwal

FNG
I know this is 3 years old but 1 fit a small 130lb deer bone in, in a yeti 65 with a 20 pound bag of ice on the bottom . Picture is 20 pounds of ice on bottom, 4 quarters, back straps, tenderloins and all the scraps. Should have gotten a yeti 110. View attachment 151217

That Yeti 65 is only 52 quarts. Yeti uses deceptive model numbers.

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is an old thread but I don’t want to create a new one. Has anyone tried to fit a whole boned out deer in a carry on? (22x14x9) or 30 liters. Worst case I feel like I can at least get the prime cuts and donate the ground to my buddy as a thanks for letting me come hunt

I know this is an old thread but I don’t want to create a new one. Has anyone tried to fit a whole boned out deer in a carry on? (22x14x9) or 30 liters. Worst case I feel like I can at least get the prime cuts and donate the ground to my buddy as a thanks for letting me come hunt

You should be our guinea pig. Have a plan to do a quick trip to wally world to buy another small cooler or bring another small cooler and use it to pack your clothes in it

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
You should be our guinea pig. Have a plan to do a quick trip to wally world to buy another small cooler or bring another small cooler and use it to pack your clothes in it
I’m gonna bring a box to put my antlers in. If I have some more meat I may just throw it in there. Pending draw results the hunt is mid august so I’ll try to remember to post pics and update