Cooler size help

MT257

WKR
I already have a Yeti Tundra 110, I want one more cooler. I cannot decide if the Tundra 65 or 75 would be a better option. Any insight would be helpful.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Just another cooler to take on hunting trips. I most likely figure it would be a food cooler for trips and leave blocks in the bigger cooler for when game is harvested. Also would get used for day trips on the boat and lake and such.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
60-75 qt cooler should do perfectly for what you’re trying to do. I take a 65 qt for food and a grizzly g400 for game.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Has anyone used an rtic and yeti side by side? Any pros and cons?

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
Similar performance, basically a clone.
Rtic pro- half the price of yeti
Yeti con- twice the price of rtic

EmperorMA

WKR
Yeti 65 is about as big as I want to lug around for “day” use.

I would prefer a Yeti 75 for hunting trips, however.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Permafrost coolers. They're a Montana company. Got some better features than the yeti in my opinion, and cost less than half. SO many rotomolded coolers out there now, with some at reasonable price points.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NV HUNTER

WKR
my set up that i am running right now (almost always 2 of us hunting Me and brother) tundra 160 and 105 and 2 hopper 30. that has covered us in week long bull elk hunt 2 doe each weekend antelope hunt, and lots of camping weekends!

UtahJimmy

WKR
Just another cooler to take on hunting trips. I most likely figure it would be a food cooler for trips and leave blocks in the bigger cooler for when game is harvested. Also would get used for day trips on the boat and lake and such.
I'm my humble and frugal opinion, if you don't need a cooler to hold ice for 10+ (which you already have) save your wallet and back and just get a Coleman extreme or similar. You don't need a roto for day trips.

BTW this has been discussed ad nauseum, use the search feature. Rokslide even does an annual cooler challenge with side by side comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
A full Yeti 65 is about all I want to lift around out of a truck, boat, etc for all around use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgknut

FNG
i have a 35,50,65 and 125 yeti. my brother in law has a 75. between a 65 and 75 i would choose the 75 for sure. i like it because it has a bit of added height which is nice. my 65 is very manageable for one person, but for a hunting trip where you dont plan on moving it much, the 75 would be my go to.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Yeti 75 (received it as wedding present) and a few of my buddy's have the 65 but all wish they had the 75. The added depth/height is super useful. If you were in between the two, Id go with the 75 no question.

That said most of my elk meat comes home in a Coleman Marine Xtreme cooler topped with dry ice. They are great coolers for the money, and I just cant justify spending roto molded cooler prices when they handle everything I need them to do. I picked up two of the 120 qt for $55 a piece shipped to my door. While the Yeti is great I will never buy one myself, but wouldn't say no to another one as a present!

Last edited:

EmperorMA

WKR
This is what I planned on doing, good to know it works.
The good mix if you're gong to run two for hunting is the Yeti 125 and Yeti 65. The 125 will hold quite a bit more than the 110 and they both aren't going anywhere once filled and the 65 is actually quite a bit easier to move around than the 75 while holding nearly as much.

darren820

FNG
I have 2 65 qt RTIC coolers, use one for food and one for game meat on the way home. Works well, and you could use both for meat on the way home if you needed to. Been real happy with the quality of the RTIC stuff too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk