Cooler size??

Claroue

Lil-Rokslider
Tried searching but nothing came up. So I thought I would ask the cooler size question. I am heading to southern BC on a goat hunt and don’t know what cooler size I need.
My understanding is that the goats there are on smaller side. I have rtic 110,60 igloo 80 (I believe). What combination or single would work best. Thanks for the input.

Chris

I just had all my meat frozen and flew it home inside my carry on duffle bag. I put the frozen meat inside an insulated bag like what come with those hello fresh meals and then into a contractor bag and all meat made it home from southern BC back to WI frozen. I would probably just check it next time in the same duffle as the cape and horns. It got heavy carrying it through the airports

Who are you hunting with?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
C

Claroue

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to mention I will be driving from Wisconsin. Sounds like the 110 cooler would hold everything?

bat-cave

WKR
I just shot a Nanny here in CO two days ago. Sadly there is a state wide dry ice shortage and I had to use 3 * 10 lb bags of ice, but my 4 quarters + cuts bag and cape all fit inside an RTIC 65.

Just remember a nanny cape early on will take up much less room than a haired up billy. ask your outfitter if the cape will he frozen or salted. If salted it will keep in a game bag with good ventilation for quite some time. Who are you hunting with?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
C

Claroue

Lil-Rokslider
We are hunting with gem star. He is retiring and selling his territory after this season. We are bringing salt to treat the hide if we get one. I have settled on 2 110 coolers. We have the room in the truck then don’t have to worry about not having room.