Cooler space for a processed Shiras bull?

SDHNTR

WKR
I’ve got a 150qt big Igloo. Plus 75 qt and 60 qt Yetis. And a 60qt Igloo. Do I have enough? Do I need another big ass one?

If frozen and depending what you had done and how packaged (weight vs volume) i feel like it might work. Id rather have a few big vessels than little piss ant coolers.

Seems like three 150s be about right, with maybe a bit of excess in case you did any bone in stuff or went crazy cutting the meat with other meat.

Just a guess, though. Listen to the experts. I’ve never even seen a moose

92xj

WKR
In all of my research, I’ve determined, and been told, to plan on 500qts for all meat and cape for Shiras and canada.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Another way to ask this is how much more than a bull elk? A bull elk usually takes 2 big ass coolers.

HoneyDew

WKR
Will the meat be frozen solid when you pick it up? Do you need to fly it or are you just driving home from the processor? This changes things regarding your method of cooling during transport, the space that method needs in addition to the meat, and the limits on size/weight of your coolers. I’m assuming you’re driving?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Will be driving home. And not planning on saving cape. No room for a mount anyway.

PA Hunter

WKR
Agreed ,I have driven numerous times from Wyoming to PA with flash frozen elk or Newfoundland to PA flash frozen moose just a few bags of ice around meat. Ice is still in melted in bags. I actually then throw the ice bags in my chest freezer at home for another day. I don’t bother with dry ice.