Cooler

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I used Colemans for most of my life but last year I switched to rotomolded coolers. Grizzly brand.

I have a 16 quart, 60 quart and a 165 quart.

They’re pricey, but they’re efficient, hold ice a LONG time, and they’re lockable which I really like.
Another plus is they’re not only cheaper than Yeti but they’re 100% USA made too.

Jacack

WKR
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Xtreme-150-qt-Cooler-Green/21947771

bought one of these to haul a deer from south Dakota to Florida, worked great , as someone else said, chill the cooler first then put in the meat/ice .

for 65$ its hard to beat. I am a boat captain in Florida and while we use yeti and frigid rigid coolers on the boats in hot sun and they are hard to beat they are too $$ and way to heavy to use for hauling meat and .

now if you just want to spend some crazy money check out the solar or 12/110v coolers they make, they are made right up the road from me and are serious coolers

http://www.frigidrigid.com/

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Before I’d buy another Yeti, I have the 65, I’d get the RTIC. Comparable quality and ice retention, 1/3 of the price. I own 3 RTIC and 2 Yeti.

For game transport I get tons of mileage out a Coleman Extreme’s. They hold ice just as well as a Yeti or Engle. Cost is way low. They have garbage hinges and handles that can’t be relied on when carrying big weight in them over time. You keep an eye on your handles and hinges and an Extreme is a great knock around cooler to transport game @ a low end price. You don’t pay extra for the toughness of roto molded and better hinges and handles.

For around camp, I usually keep my food stuff in my Yeti and RTIC coolers and use the 3 Coleman Extremes for game transport. I’m normally only a weekend @ most away from home, and only a 2 hour drive albeit off the grid using generator power and not able to make ice. I like 65-75 sized because they fit in the Tahoe.

So in my opinion ? I’d buy both a molded cooler and a Coleman Extreme in 65-75, and choose the RTIC over the Yeti. Yeti to me is like buying designer clothes. RTIC is like buying Practical no name clothes. I don’t need to impress anyone with the Yeti. Being an owner of the Yeti, I know the difference. There is none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a 150 quart Rubbermaid cooler for years. I have had it loaded with 1 and a half big midwestern whitetail bucks or 2 PA mountain bucks and still had room for ice. I have been using this cooler for over 15 years and it has served me well. I have also used it on a hog hunt and can not remember how many animals ended up in it that year. It is starting to wear out from being drug around loaded with meat and ice and the hinges are starting to get weak, but I believe I got my $50 worth of use out of it. I may buy a better one to replace this cooler but will not pay the price for a Yeti. I have heard lots of good reviews on Rtic.

fatlander

WKR
If you’re stuck between 75 and 65 court yeti, I’d get the 75. That 10L difference seems a lot bigger than 10 to me. If I was buying a high end cooler tomorrow, it’d be ORCA. My uncle got a 65 last year. The time that thing will hold ice is stupid in comparison to my yeti.

bmf0713

WKR
I have 2 Coleman extreme 150’s. I like them and they hold ice a long time. The only thing I don’t like is the price! $65! WTF! I like to spend at least $250-300 on a cooler!

Running Coleman xtremes, but seen some lifetime coolers at Walmart anyone running one? Kinda want a smaller one for food on short trips.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bmf0713

WKR
I looked at those lifetime ones at Walmart. The only thing I didn’t like was the seal. I love the lifetime company and I’ll will always say good things about them and usually try to purchase their brand over others if I can. I thought about buying one and doing a review.

I’m adding an Engel 80 to complement my Coleman 120 for hunts longer than a weekend. The Engel 80 weighs 33 lbs. empty and is rated for 100 lbs. capacity. I figure I can handle 135 lbs. alone.

bmf0713

WKR
Orca! Made in America! Bought three of them during the Black Friday sale. 26 quart fits a 30 pack and ice perfect. 75 quart fits a whitetail and ice perfect. Got the 140 quart too haven’t used it yet hopefully I can cram it full of beer this summer or elk this fall. But seriously the Coleman extreme is awesome for the price. I just got sick of broken hinges and handles on the smaller Coleman/Rubbermaid/igloo so I bought some orca. The Coleman extremes I have get used a couple times a year for storing meat a few days out west and they are awesome for that just worried the hinges wouldn’t hold up with a ton of use.

Tomks

FNG
I have a 150 quart Coleman Extreme. I got it for 50 bucks and it is great. Fits a whole elk and kept ice for 8 days in ~50f weather.

Its super light as well. Those expensive coolers weight a ton empty

Grml4HCuXkEozHMwDqVJhrqjvCtecaApfuEALw_wcB
I picked up the same cooler at Wal-Mart it fit my muley easily

jjchad

WKR
I have a couple of 55 qt Lifetime coolers, and I have been really pleased with them. Our summers get up to 110-115 degrees and they do the job. I would recommend them. Plus they are half the price of the other brands, at least the ones I had been looking at.

work765

WKR
Over Christmas I bough the Canyon cooler 55. Good cooler, but wish I would have got the 75.

Wrench

WKR
You might be able to stuff a quartered deer in a 65qt, but will you need to hire a camp bitch to keep feeding it ice? I'd go 150 and never look back. Ice is cheap and it makes me feel fuzzy when I know my meat is cold.

bmf0713

WKR
I have a couple of 55 qt Lifetime coolers, and I have been really pleased with them. Our summers get up to 110-115 degrees and they do the job. I would recommend them. Plus they are half the price of the other brands, at least the ones I had been looking at.
How do you like the seal on that cooler? The one I looked at had a seal that fit kind of loose and looked like it could possibly be pinched or lost. That was the only thing I didn’t like. I really wanted to spend the money with lifetime. I had a tree fall on a lifetime shed I built like 5 days later so I contacted customer service to see if I could buy parts to fix it and they hooked me up with a complete new shed at no cost!