Cooler

Make sure whatever cooler you buy will fit in the bed of your truck under your tonneau cover if you have one. Some of these new expensive coolers are getting pretty tall since the walls and lids are so thick.
Dang good advise. I ordered a 110 from RTIC last year and it just barely fit under the cover on my Silverado. I had a big marine igloo that fit but pushed up a bit on one of my cover crossbars. Make sure you measure from your crossbars not your bed height. I got lucky as I never even considered if a cooler would fit in my pick up bed.

go as big as you can afford and still fit in your truck. I found a used yeti 250 and its unreal

I’d rather have two smaller coolers than one huge one. I have an Engel 80 and an Igloo 120.

1. Sometimes you need to fit one deer.
2. Smaller takes less ice, so you don’t have to cool the void of hot air inside the cooler if you don’t get a chance to pre-chill the cooler.
3. Smaller fits in tighter spaces.
4. You may have to carry it by yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with an Rtic 110, and you should have plenty of room.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Can’t say enough good about RTIC. Great products. The 65 and up will do you right.

IAbowhntr

FNG
You can save yourself a lot of room if you bone it out before throwing it in a cooler also. I have fit a whitetail in a a yeti 45 boned out but it was tight. Would definitely like to have a 105-115 for any traveling hunts at the least though.

DeepForks

FNG
We run with Yeti Coolers.
The 65 or 75 will be perfect.
The 110 isn't a bad choice either.

I’d rather have two smaller coolers than one huge one. I have an Engel 80 and an Igloo 120.

1. Sometimes you need to fit one deer.
2. Smaller takes less ice, so you don’t have to cool the void of hot air inside the cooler if you don’t get a chance to pre-chill the cooler.
3. Smaller fits in tighter spaces.
4. You may have to carry it by yourself.

Regarding point 2, the air has almost nothing to do with anything because it has so little mass, it's the additional hot cooler body mass that does you in. Your ultimate conclusion is solid, though, as are points 1, 3, 4.

I have a 125 yeti that my wife found at an academy on sale for $240 that I was able to get 4 boned out white tails in. I was worried about someone stealing it so I chained it to my truck but it go so damn heavy with all the meat that if your tailgate locks, nobody will be able to lift it over the bed of your truck.

Shrek

WKR
My friend has a couple of the big Yetis and they just sit in his storage shed and he uses his old Igloos. The Yetis are just too heavy !

I have a 150 quart Coleman Extreme. I got it for 50 bucks and it is great. Fits a whole elk and kept ice for 8 days in ~50f weather.

Its super light as well. Those expensive coolers weight a ton empty

Grml4HCuXkEozHMwDqVJhrqjvCtecaApfuEALw_wcB

Me too...and it fits under my tonneau cover. Most others don't.

Attachments

• BAKFlip MX4.jpg
    BAKFlip MX4.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 23

Venom One

WKR
This cooler endurance test is pretty awesome. Lots of coolers of similar sizes under the same conditions removes bias and subjectivity. Check it out. It'll probably save you some money while getting a better product.