Cooler

Rich M

WKR
I eye this post every time I come on here. I use a 70 quart Coleman Extreme and have put a buck's quarters in there. Also use a 150 quart when I'm stocking up the freezer - can put like 3 or 4 quartered deer in there.

Just picked up a Lifetime Cooler (77 qt) after looking at the reviews and such. Got it for a vacation where we don;t want to worry about cooler performance. Can't bring myself to pay the $ for a Yeti.

Mosby

WKR
If you ever camp or plan to hunt in grizzly country, getting a cooler that is grizzly certified is more useful over the long term. You can leave it out at your campsite locked. If it isn't certified, you are not allowed to leave it out, which is a real pain to move all the time when full of food or ice.

RickeyT

FNG
Pelican 50 or 70 would be my vote. They are cheaper than a yeti and have a no questions asked life time warranty. I’ve also seen yeti lids warp when people left them in the bed of their work trucks. I’ve had mine in my truck bed for 3.5 years and it will still pull a vacuum if you slam the lid.

I’m looking to buy a new cooler. I mainly hunt whitetail and want one so that I can quarter a deer up and keep on ice during warmer time periods. I also will be going on a wild boar hunt this spring and will be hauling my processed meat back in it. How many quart cooler will I need I order to have a quartered deer on ice in the cooler.
I "splurged" last fall and treated myself to an Igloo Sportsman 55.

Bottom line - I love that cooler. I have (2x) put two quartered whitetails and a 20 lb. bag of ice in it. It will hold ice for 4-5 days in 80+ degree temps. It's durable, well made and affordable. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

My "big" cooler is a Coleman X-treme 120 and it's a great cooler too. Bigger than I need for deer though. I have used it and my Igloo Sportsman to transport an elk back from Colorado and they both still had snow and ice in them when I got home 3 days later. Both are great coolers but if I had to pick one, it would be the Igloo.

blackdawg

WKR
Running Coleman xtremes, but seen some lifetime coolers at Walmart anyone running one? Kinda want a smaller one for food on short trips.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have had one for 9 months, really good for the price and I don’t have to worry about the thieves with bolt cutters targeting me. For $100 bucks , not sure it can be beat. My Coleman extremes that died weren’t half as good as this lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently got an Orion 85 as a gift. Pricey but work awesome, lot of extra features, and look cool too. Made right down the road from where I grew up in Tennessee too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I looked at those lifetime ones at Walmart. The only thing I didn’t like was the seal. I love the lifetime company and I’ll will always say good things about them and usually try to purchase their brand over others if I can. I thought about buying one and doing a review.
I bought one last year to replace an aging Coleman cheapo and it didn't disappoint me in the least bit...I timed it just cuz I'm a sceptical person like that and I got 6 and a half days of ice retention in September in Michigan humid sweltering heat...and I left it in the sun the whole time with kids constantly in it wanting sodas. So I'd have to say it's a great cooler especially since it's under a hundred bucks!

work765

WKR
Update. I sold my damn canyon cooler 55 on Craig’s list and bought a new canyon cooler 75.

55 was a bit small.

Savage99

WKR
Last year bought my 150 qt Coleman extreme from Wally World for $66. Heck of a deal.

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I darn near bought a $25 50 quart Igloo cooler at the dollar store today lol, it was the blue and black one, looked pretty nice!!

Why not ? For that money it’s a perfect kick around day cooler and use around for picnics and things too.

Never have enough coolers.

Mt Al

WKR
'Nuther Coleman Xtreme here, love them and have many. They only keep ice cold for five days of my two day use instead of seven day of my two day use, but I guess I'll just have to deal with that.... If I had an off shore boat or used something daily, I'd go Canyon or Yeti or something like that.

I like the price, made in USA, can get repair hinges but mine have never broken (knock on wood). Got a small one for my trolling motor battery and drilled holes in the top for cables without giving a crap, 'cuz cost is so low.

Make sure whatever cooler you buy will fit in the bed of your truck under your tonneau cover if you have one. Some of these new expensive coolers are getting pretty tall since the walls and lids are so thick.