Coolers

Rovr 80 is pretty nice. Great handle and big tires make carrying it full a breeze. Rovr also has some handy accessories for their coolers.

Quite a few years back I started looking at coolers and just couldn’t make my mind up. Hunting season was fast approaching, so my dad told me I could use his 150 quart Igloo he got from Sam’s Club, until I figured out what I wanted. Well after 5 years of using his cooler I finally just spent the $60 and got my own. For the price it’s been an awesome cooler. I don’t do a ton of hunting in hot weather, so it does what I need. I would probably spend the extra money if I was hunting in August or September more.

stevers75

FNG
Since you're on the Oregon Coast, stop at an Englund Marine and check out their Pescaro Coolers. I own a couple of them and they are every bit as good as a yeti for much less $$$. I have had mine for 5 years now and no issues whatsoever.

I have several brands, I run them year round. My boat take three, and I’ve had a few stolen so replaced a few with buddy roto in a pinch

any way I have or had in order of favorite:
Grizzly-
RTIC-
Yeti-
Academy-
Igloo-
Yukon-
Walmart-

OP
roosiebull
Since you're on the Oregon Coast, stop at an Englund Marine and check out their Pescaro Coolers. I own a couple of them and they are every bit as good as a yeti for much less $$$. I have had mine for 5 years now and no issues whatsoever.
yeah, i did overlook them.... we use them for slush tanks tuna fishing.... same one is pretty old. i have been in there probably 6 times the past 2 weeks, haha.

i'm now in the market for another bigger cooler, so that's probably what i'll get.... i repurposed my couple insulated totes, and want to replace their niche with something a little less bulky

Another vote for Kong, made in Washington.

My 75 held ice far longer (5 days more) than our Yeti and Orca 75's last season.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Permafrost coolers. Now being made in Montana. I would put it up against any other cooler

972a00fb625f265c78612c4a8551b398.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bluumoon

WKR
If you are on Face Book I just saw a Brand new Canyon Prospector 103 for sale in Portland on the "Whitewater gear for sale" group. Guys name is Brennan Spies in Portland, not sure how close you are. He's asking $365. I found mine on Sportsmans Warehouse online w free shipping.

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Pelican and really love it. The “downside” is that it has the molded handles that stick out a bit but they are much better for carrying the monster.

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good luck with the Lifetime coolers. Way more affordable than most others too.

willidru

WKR
Anyone try the new RTIC ultra light cooler? Website says keeps ice up to 10 days which is the that they say for their standard hard roto coolers.

I have several yeti coolers because I was able to get them at cost for awhile through a friend. They’re great and all, but another friend started buying rtic when the came out and they are 99% identical. If I needed another heavy duty cooler I’d just buy one of those.