Coolers

Tpmahler1

FNG
I need a good cooler to put the meat in after a harvest. I want it to keep I’ve while I’m out also but I’m not a fan of yeti. Looking at Cordova orca and Orion. Best coolers for the money around 100qt

Mojave

WKR
All of them are built similarly. Price differences between Yeti and the not-so-well advertised ones is $100-300.

Costco had a $140 option. They sucked, all of the lids didn't fit. I went through 3 pallets trying to find one that was worth buying.

The Walmart brand is probably the best bang for the buck.

Bison makes a 125 for $600.

RTIC makes a 145 for $500.

Igloo marine grade, been using one for years has made a few trips to Wyoming from the east coast and back with deer and antelope, couple blocks dry ice and duck tape the lid closed meat froze solid when home and its a two day trip. If you watch the big box stores like Sams club you can get one for a lot less than a yeti or one of the other big names.

Catergators are still on sale 100qt for $209 or add the wheels for $214 and free shipping. I picked up the 100qt and the 65qt. Been very happy with them.

for a "cheap" cooler ive had good luck with the 70 quart coleman extremes. I do have a nice rotomolded one, but for meat storage, I just take 2 of the extremes and pack gear in them for the trip out. Ive had one of them keep ice for 5 days in the mountains, not much worse than my high $$ one.

I would get one of the cheaper Coleman coolers. Take the lid off and drill some small holes on the inside of the lid and fill it full of foam. Cut it off when it’s dry and reattach the lid. You would be amazed on how much insulating the lid helps.

rideold

WKR
I would get one of the cheaper Coleman coolers. Take the lid off and drill some small holes on the inside of the lid and fill it full of foam. Cut it off when it’s dry and reattach the lid. You would be amazed on how much insulating the lid helps.
I've often contemplated this. Never taken the time to experiment. Good to know it's worth the time. I have a smaller Igloo marine cooler that is great except the lid. Have to give it a go. I assume it's better to use the minimally expanding "window and door" foam so it doesn't blow the lid up into a balloon?

You can use the regular expanding foam. Just don’t put so much in so it will have room to expand. Let it expand to the point that it comes out of the holes you drilled in the lid. The holes act as a relief point as well so there won’t be any blow outs. The holes are drilled at every spot where there is an empty “compartment” in the lid. If it’s a large empty space then drill more than one hole at that spot at opposite ends of the space. There are also a lot of videos on YouTube on how to do it.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Kong coolers or aussie tek/iceytek (offshore fisherman coolers in hawaii)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk